Chapter 13 I Hate You

Cristine nervously looked at herself in the mirror. She is wearing a long-sleeved white blouse and a pair of black slacks. She grabbed her black blazer on the bed and wore it on top of the blouse. She once again looked at her reflection and smiled in contentment.

She had prepared very much for this day. After Clint had a day off, he got busy again. He was able to come home for dinner and Cristine was able to join him dine. But aside from dinner, she was not able to see him for the rest of the day.

She inhaled deeply and breathe out before exiting her room. Aunt Susan was busy organizing the groceries in the kitchen.

"Going somewhere? You're quite nicely dressed. Very beautiful", Aunt Susan complimented.

"Thanks, Aunt Susan. I'll have an interview today", she replied.

"Interview?", Aunt Susan stopped what she was doing and faced Cristine.

"Yes. I decided to apply for a job."

"Oh. Really. That's great. I'll prepare your breakfast as fast as I can." She turned her back and busily prepared a meal.

After eating breakfast, Cristine excitedly left home and took the bus to ABC Broadcasting Station. After the dinner with her friends, she suddenly wanted to continue reaching for her dreams. She busily looked for ads and found out that ABC Broadcasting Station was looking for new employees. She immediately sent her application letter and was scheduled for a practical test and an interview. She practiced really hard and relearnt her passed lessons. She all did this secretly. She didn't tell anyone as they might be worried about her and stop her from looking for a job. She herself thinks she was already good to work but her mother and the others might still want her to take a rest and save the job hunting for later. She didn't want to wait any longer.

She entered the station and followed the directions for the applicants. She found the waiting room and looked around. Many were busily practicing. She started to be nervous. Her opponents looked like they were all really good.

She sat on a corner and tried to calm herself down.

"Nervous?", a woman approached her.

She nodded. "How about you?"

The woman smiled, "Yeah. It's my first time. I couldn't be more nervous. But it's a great thing they're actually going to employ 20 applicants compared to DZ Station who only employs five." She looked at Cristine and asked, "How about you? Is it your first time?"

Cristine shook her head. "Not really. It's my second time."

"Oh, really? What happened at the first one? You weren't shortlisted?"

Cristine nodded, "Yeah. I failed at the last phase."

The woman frowned, "That's so sad. You almost had it."

"Yeah", Cristine replied in a whisper.

"I hope we will both do great and enter ABC Station!", the woman cheered.

Cristine smiled at her.

There were only two phases for the screening. The first phase was the practical test. Cristine nervously sat on her seat. She looked at the two people on her side. Two more people and it's her turn. As her turn was nearing, she got more nervous and nervous. The last person before her finally entered the testing room. She steadied her breathing and got ready. She fixed her hair with her fingers, fixed her nameplate, and made sure her clothes were not wrinkled.

"Ms. Stanford, please come in."

She stood and confidently entered the room. A man was waiting for her and approached her to fix the mic on her. After checking her mic was working, she stepped on the platform. She looked at the screen that was showing herself and felt confident. She looked good. The prompter in front of her blinked.