Chapter 487

Just 20 minutes pass before we all agree on the plan of action, and begin floating over to the housing where the 37 members of the Flame Emperor's army are all waking up to get ready for another day of training.

They're all greeted by a telepathy message directed into their heads.

"Today is the day that your training will finally be tested. We have an army approaching, and need your help to wage war."

Less than 30 seconds after my message is sent, everyone shows up in the newly built city street in full armor, with weapons ready, and have item boxes stacked with potions.

My other double is nearby, and it joins our ranks. This makes two of us. The last double is staying behind with Luna to watch my main body in the guildhall and trigger the isolation pod's override function if necessary.

With her ranked up buff, she'll be able to get a clear visual of the battle even from here. Although her combat powers have improved a lot over the last few days, her abilities as a long range overseer are far more valuable in this battle considering the circumstances.

I give the newly trained recruits a short breakdown of the situation and assign them their roles on the task we're about to all carry out.

Each of my teammates introduces themselves, and all of the trained recruits show them respect for being one of the Top Fighters by the Flame Emperor's side.

We all fly up into the air in the direction of the approaching army. The three elemental squad leaders are able to match our movements by summoning mass while the other elite fighters are capable of summoning mana beneath their footsteps and speeding through the sky in their own way too.

Although we can't move as fast as we wish, all of us are capable of moving nearly twice as quick as the Dark One's army.

We'll manage to meet them in the middle, a few hundred kilometers away from the town.

Arie makes a quick stop near the edge of the abyss to farm demonic wolves while we begin our trek through the desert.

Fisher and Lydia float on guard on both sides of the Elites' army and get to know the elemental squad leaders.

Leading their whole charge is one of my body doubles.

Behind this group, Arie catches up with us and meets Abby and Monk behind the base of this triangular formation.

Maria and Ember step through the sky on visible platforms of soul energy beneath their feet following Arie, Monk, and Abby's white and green footsteps.

Then finally, at the rear, my other body double continuously does scans of the desert around us to stay on course and double-check the dangerous forces approaching.

A few hours pass as we make our way through the open desert.

Hundreds of kilometers of rolling sand dunes pass us by, along with small villages, a few rogue dungeons, and unique landscapes like large rock formations and valleys.

The further out we get, the more unique the terrain becomes.

Sector 1 is a mountainous region with forests and a colder climate than the hot desert near the center of the Dark Continent like where we're traveling from in sector 2. So, the closer we get, the more random greenery like small trees and shrubs become more common.

It isn't until we're less than 70 km away from the Dark One's army that their energy readings and status numbers start to appear in my mind's eye again.

I speak up to stop everyone from venturing any further as we approach the entrance between an enormous rock formation to our left side that stretches out a few kilometers into the desert. To our right, there is a deep ravine that looks like a series of enormous sinkholes have swallowed up a portion of the desert to make twisting caves in the rocky sandy ground.