Have a Seat

Please seat yourself in a comfortable position. Oh you're standing? It's alright! Just hang on tight, because this is going to be a long trip into the little realm of our little friend group.

Grab a coffee, a tea or perhaps some chai to get you started on this little adventure. It is a bit quirky, sad, romantic, and comedic just like us. We are a tapestry of our own little adventures which weaves our lives together.

I sound like in a literary fiction where the author goes on how the girl he met one summer changed the course of his life, made him question reality and changed it completely.

Anyways, let me introduce you to the stars of this little book of their own.

Let's start with my best friend!

Mary, Mary, Mary, my stella maris, my north pole star... where do I even start about her?

Wakes up at 3am, drinks her espresso before brushing her teeth and proceeds to work on her research projects.

Such a robot agh.

Chemistry classes are fun because not even the brightest professor on the MIT campus is able to answer her mind boggling questions. If you ask her how she even came up with it, she answers with 'eric lander taught me how'.

Mary, a mexican girl, is a freshman in chemical engineering and if you ask her why she took it, she'll give you a whole lecture on how in 7th grade she was assigned to create a 3d model of the atom but ended up reading the marie curie's works on the radioactives isotopes and how she's her role model.

Her father is an economist who moved to the US when the dollar value wasn't skyrocketing and now works at blackrock. Like father, like daughter, no wonder she's good at maths and got into MIT.

I like her. She's honest about everything, even my corny jokes and how I should be hospitalised because I talk to the plants like they're my therapists. I mean she's not wrong, I should start charging them rent because they don't even give me free advice.

God, It is the first week of November and I'm already freezing. The south asian weather is much better to be honest. Especially Pakistani weather. God, I miss Nani(granny) and her adrak wali (ginger) chai with kala namak (black pepper) in the winter mornings.

"Yaar, koi AC band kar vado!(dude, someone shut the AC) Thand lag rahi hai! (i'm freezing)"

"Oye paagal (you idiot), barf aasman se padh rahi hai (it's snowing from the sky), AC se nahi(not from the fridge)." And that's Sameer, my new best friend. He's a Harvard guy, lekin marta hai MIT mein(but he practically lives in MIT). And why, if you ask me, the reason is Mary but she just doesn't know it yet.

Sameer Mishra, is a hyderabadi or as i called him hydera-baddie, is a maths major who'll make you think he's a literature student because he reads everything except his coursework. His nose is always buried in romantic novels or poetry collections either in english or urdu.

You have to hear him narrate poetry of Ahmed faraz and byron. It will surely make you feel like you are the main character and it touches your heart and you can't get it out of your head for the rest of the week.

Now you're probably wondering how we all met, right? Let me just take you a few months back to when these two practically crashed into each other or more like the universe made them.