Chapter Eighteen

Conflicted is what I felt in the past few weeks. I was happy to finally find my mother's side of the family but then if I ever did tell Leonardo that I was his niece. I wasn't sure how he'd react considering my mother died over seventeen years ago. And from what Maria dug up about my mom she ran away from home as a teenager.  I guess everyone called her by her middle name Angelica since my mother's name was Gabriella Angelica Vivian. The most interesting thing I found out about my mother was that she was a fraternal twin to Alejandro more commonly known as Alex. It's weird finding so much about her now I've always wondered who she was. All I knew about her before Maria did her research was her name and that Baba loved her a lot from the way he mentioned her in his journals. I'm not sure how everyone else would feel if they found out I was the daughter of Gabriella Angelica Vivan who's been Missing for twenty-five years.
I was kinda relieved and disappointed to find out that Leonardo went back to brazil for a few weeks. I haven't been able to tell Daniel about my discovery.
We didn't go on a trip during our honeymoon because I wanted to stay closer to Baba

I don't know how but Maria got a hold of Leonardo's number. She's been telling me for a week now to call him and tell him I was his niece. We've been having the same conversation every time we hung out and today was  no different.
"If you don't call him I will. You need to rip the bandage off. Stop over thinking."
"Imagine how shocked they'd be."
"That's why you need to get it over with."
"Maria sometimes I worry about immensely."
"Chica stop worrying about me. I'm serious if you don't call him and tell him I will."
"Me and you and you both know you wouldn't." I told her as we walked into the grocery store because I wanted to do some grocery shopping I wanted to make a special dinner for Daniel and Maria wanted to get some more yogurt. I thought she was joking around when she pulled out her phone
"Mission accomplished." She said looking satisfied after typing something on her phone.
"What do you mean mission accomplished."
"I texted Leonardo." She smiled waving her phone at me
"What?!?!" I exclaimed snatching her phone

Hello I know this might be hard for you now but I'm your sister's daughter and I'd like to meet you.

"Maria please tell me you didn't." I cried out.
"Azi this was meant to happen." She said trying to patting my back getting her phone back "oh shit he texted back!"
I don't know what kinda game you're trying to play but if this is some kinda joke I will sue you for Fraud
"You still have your mom's locket right?" Maria asked before she replied back
No joke. Meet me @ cafélatta 4:30 P.M Wednesday the 26th of August
"Yes I've been wearing it since I found it Maria I have a bad feeling about this."
"Don't worry I'll be right there with you."
"This is crazy." I sighed as we went out to the parking lot after paying.
"Have I ever told you your life is like a freaking telenovela?"
"Shut up."
"Shit I forgot. I promised to get I promised to get some tomatoes on my way home. I'll meet you back here I'll just run and get some." She suddenly told me as she handed me her car keys so I could put everything in the car. When I. Was done I was about to get inside the car when I saw a girl who looked around my age carrying a ton of groceries fall I went over to help her pick everything up.
"Where is your car?" I asked as I gathered some of her stuff

"Right behind you."
"I'll help you put them inside."
"Oh my God thank you thank you."
"It's no problem."
"Thank you your so nice. My name Olivia." She introduced herself once we put everything I her car.
"It's nice to meet you Olivia I'm Aziza."
"Your so nice and beautiful. Thank you for helping me."
"Thank you and it was no problem."
"I hope I see you around."
"You too." I replied Maria came back with the tomatoes and we went back
And that when I first met Olivia she seem cool at first then I started feeling uncomfortable cautious. I thought I was just being paranoid because I kept running into her everywhere but then she started calling my phone which was alarming because I never gave her my number she's call me at odd hours in a private number most of the time I'd ignore  her call but then she'd start texting me and I tried my best to hid it and not tell Daniel because  I didn't want to worry him Olivia seemed harmless. It was a faulty assumption cost me dearly. I had to face the truth that I had a stalker. I had a real stalker. She knew way too much about my life and she had this sick ideology that Daniel was holding me back. I wasn't sure what to do I felt cornered and suffocated whenever I saw one of her notes she left at my door every morning.

Weeks passed and before I knew it it was the day I was supposed to meet with Leonardo. I got ready that evening and told Daniel I was going out with Maria for an hour while he studied some Braille and he was okay with that
When Maria and I got to cafélatta Leonardo was already there.
"I can't do this." I said having second thoughts.
"Woman up chica yes you can." Maria encouraged half dragging me forward
"Hello." I greeted him as we approached him
"Hey Aziza, Maria." He greeted us back
"Do you mind if we sit down?" Maria asked
"I'm kinda waiting for someone."
"Yeah about that..." I started to say handing him my mom's locket
"I think the person your waiting for is me."

Please don't forget to VOTE! and COMMENT! Your support really mean a lot💞