Chapter five

I felt like I was moving to fast, my eyes were closed but I heard voices. Voices I didn't know and it bothered me that I didn't know who was speaking.

"What happened here?," Someone shouted. It was a male voice. I didn't know who it was at all.

"Her fever is one hundred and five, she's dehydrated and she's probably hallucinating, her parents say she just collapsed on the floor, sweating profusely," Someone said, he sounded so serious. I felt like I was being pushed somewhere, I was nauseous and I had a terrible headache. In fact, everything hurt. I tried so hard to open my eyes to see what was going on but even my eyes hurt and I wanted sleep. I wanted to sleep so badly. So I finally did.

...

I woke up moments later, all groggy. I heard something beeping and I looked to the side, there was a monitor and it attached an IV to my arm. I placed a hand on my forehead and started panting. I felt sick, my stomach was churning like crazy and it wouldn't stop. I noticed on the floor that there was a bucket, I quickly grabbed it and puked. I heaved out everything from my stomach. I finally stopped and I was trembling, I was cold. I was probably pale. I scanned the room that I was in, I was laying on a white bed, they gave me the hospital robe and the hospital bracelet was attached on my right wrist. Covering my mark.

I sighed and laid my head against the pillow, I was aching. My eyes flickered to the door because I heard voices.

"How is she?," Someone asked. It was a male voice but it didn't sound like my dad, it was probably one of the doctors.

"She's stable, we gave her fluids and some medicine, she had the terrible case of the flu," Someone else said. My eyebrows knitted together. The flu? I just had the flu? Why did it feel like I was dying?

"Yeah but get this, her parents never gave her the flu shot. She was never vaccinated for anything, we body scanned her and she hasn't gotten anything, the poor girl could've died!," He said with a worried tone, it was the same guy who said that I had the flu. My eyes widen, I-I was never vaccinated. For anything! Why didn't my parents vaccinate me when I was baby!? What the hell is wrong with them!

"I need you to watch her, she's probably waking up right now," One of them said.

"What! I can't watch her, I have other surgeries to attend to!," The man said. It was the same man who asked how I was.

"Well I pushed them back for you, I'll get others," The other doctor said. The man sighed and said something to the other doctor, then I heard footsteps.

The man opened my curtain and noticed that I was awake. He smiled at me and I was immediately relaxed. I didn't know why I was acting this way because I hated being in hospitals, it was horrible. But his smile.....it looked so familiar. He held out his gloved hand and spoke.

"Hello, my name is Dr.Nathaniel Light but my friends call me Nate, it's nice to meet you," He said smiling.