Chapter Thirty two

As I lay on the hospital bed, I was wondering what was going on through Nate's mind about this. I could never figure him out sometimes. He always kept to himself about certain things, he never allowed me to worry for him. He always worried about me and it wasn't fair. That's why I wanted to do this. So that way he could be free of me. I couldn't move my arms or legs because of the restraints. So I couldn't feel anything.

I wondered if he hated me for what I did? Or was he all in a panic? That as soon as he heard my fake name in the hospital, he almost had a heart attack? I bit my lip in wonder and closed my eyes. I was about to go to sleep since I knew I had nothing else to do. My fake parents already came in and were crying about what I did, saying that they were going to get me a therapist to sort things out. As if that would help. Rachael came by and so did the rest of my friends in trying to get me to talk to them but I wouldn't, but they stayed anyway until the nurse came by and told them visiting hours were over. It wasn't their fault I was acting this way, I was back to my normal timid self. I sighed as I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Tasie?" Someone whispered. My eyes shot open to see. . . Jasper. He was holding a bouquet of flowers while looking down awkwardly.

"Jasper?" I whispered. He placed the bouquet on a night table and sat next to my bedside, he took my hand and stroked it, putting feeling back into it.

"I'm so happy you're okay, one of your friends told me what you did! I was so devastated!" he exclaimed. I looked away from his sad eyes and shut my eyes. "Why did you do it, Tasie?"

"Because I was tired of ruining everyone's lives! I caused Nate pain by not allowing him to have freedom! He always had to rush home to make sure no one found out about me! He had to take online classes instead of going to a regular school! He did everything for me and I never did anything for him!" I exclaimed. I would've thrown my hands up if it weren't for the fact that I was restrained. Jasper had a pained look in his eyes and he sighed. He wasn't even mad at me like Nate was, he was just sad for me. I didn't like that. I wanted him to be mad at me so that he could stay away from me. But instead, he looked kindly into my eyes.

"So you thought killing yourself was the best thing to do?" he whispered.

"It was the only thing I could do," I whispered back. He suddenly shook his head and leaned down to kiss my lips. My eyes widened and I didn't kiss him back but that must have been okay with him because I guess he just wanted to be with me even if I didn't want to be with him at the moment. He withdrew from my lips and I was surprised to see tears streaming down his face.

"Don't you get it? I see the way how your brother is proud to have you as a sister, he was always protecting you! I'm jealous of you because I've always wanted a brother but I never could because of that law! You don't cause your brother pain, the law does! Your brother would go to war for you! You have to see that!" Jasper said. He kissed my forehead and got up. He touched my cheek and smiled down at me. "You are the most amazing person I've ever met, you need to see you're amazing also and not just because I said so but because you were brought into this world as amazing, just like everybody else"

With that being said, Jasper kissed my cheek and left. He left me with my thoughts about what he just said.