Chapter seventeen

I was still working on the plans for the winter festival when someone tapped my shoulder. I glanced up and saw that it was. . . James Colin. I got up from where I was sitting and gave him a smile.

"James! What are you doing here? Not that I'm not happy to see or anything! It's great to see you!" I rambled and he had an amused expression on his face. "Just um. . . Hi"

Ugh could I be anymore embarrassing!? James glanced down across from my shoulder. I turned my head and saw that Bianca, Jack and Jasper were staring at us. I blushed when I realized I completely forgot about them.

"Oh! This is Jasper Griffin, Jack Heart and Bianca Storm," I gestured towards them and they gave him an awkward wave. James smiled at them and waved back.

"Nice to meet you! Um Emery, can I talk to you for a sec?" he asked while shoving his hands inside his pockets. I turned back to my friends and I saw Jasper's expression had a look of irritation but as quickly as it came, it disappeared when I looked at him.

"Uh go ahead, Mer," Said Jasper and I smiled at him. We walked away from them and once we were far enough, James turned to me and smiled.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked softly and he rubbed his neck and gave me a sheepish grin.

"I was wondering if uh...you...wanted to go out with me?" he asked. I stared at him, eyes wide and pointed towards myself.

"You. . . wanna. . .go out with me?" I said slowly. He nodded his head and I blinked at him. I start laughing and nodded my head. "I would love to!"

He blinked at me and started to smile. "Really! That's great!" Then he gave me a hug and I hugged him back. When I opened my eyes, I saw Jasper across from us with a frown on his face. I burrowed my eyebrows in confusion. What's the matter with Jasper?

I let go of the hug and spoke. "Um do you wanna hang out today or something?"

He nodded his head and grinned. "Yeah! That'd be great! I know these great pizza place we could go to!" I nodded my head excitedly and then looked back at Jasper's group.

"Um I better go tell them that I'm leaving," I say as I looked at them. James replied with an okay and I walked towards them. I gave them a grin and they returned it. "You guys! Guess what!"

They looked at me expectedly and I rolled my eyes at them and told them. "James asked me out!"

"No way! He did! I don't even know who he is! But he's hot!" Bianca said excitedly. Jack rolled his eyes and looked at her and she gave him a sheepish smile. "I mean not as hot as you babe." Jack smiled and kissed her cheek.

"He asked you out?" Jasper said as he looked at James from afar. "That's uh. . .that's. . .great. I'm. . . so happy for you". He smiled at me and I looked at him in concern.

"Jasper, are you okay?" I asked and he snapped out of his daze and he gave me a small smile.

"Huh? Yeah. . .I'm good! Go have fun!" he says brightly. I nodded and thanked him and walked back to James. He smoothed his hands down on his jeans and smiled at me.

"So ready to go?" he asked and I nodded. He smiled at me and then I realized I had to tell my parents that I will be out later than usual. But when I checked my pockets for my phone, it wasn't there. I started to panic a little bit but then I remembered I left it at home.

"Ugh James, I left my phone at home, can we please go and get it?" I asked and he nodded. I gave a relieved sigh and we went to my house to get my phone which didn't take long. As soon as we got there, I turned towards him. "It'll just take me a second." He nodded and I grabbed my key and open the door. James waited outside while I grabbed my phone.