Chapter thirty three

I heard footsteps and turned my head to see Nate and a nurse come in. Nate avoided my gaze and bent down to undo the restraints. The nurse was on the other side undoing them also. As soon as I was freed, I rubbed my wrists and my moved my ankles to put feeling back into them.

"Alright, you are free to go, Miss Cain. Your parents are waiting for you downstairs, I prescribed you antidepressants and I recommended the best therapist I could think of," he said as he looked into my eyes. I wanted to reach for his hand but he kept them in his pockets and the nurse was still there. I indicated with my eyes for Nate to ask the nurse to leave. He got the message but he didn't say anything. "You're free to go"

With that being said, he left the room and the nurse told me there were clothes in the drawers for me to change into and she will be waiting outside my door with a wheelchair. As soon as she left for me to change, I gave a shuddering breathe and covered my mouth, feeling the tears pour down my cheeks. I stayed like for awhile. I looked at my bandaged arms and sighed. I really did it this time. Nate is truly upset with me. He hated what I did. He didn't understand why I would do this.

I wiped my tears and got changed out of the hospital gown and into regular clothes. A simple long sleeved pink shirt and light blue jeans. I sighed as I walked out of my hospital room, I was shivering because the hospital had the AC on high. I felt my nose drip from the cold and wiped it with my sleeve. The nurse had the wheelchair ready for me and I sat on it. She wheeled me down the long corridors and I looked around the hospital, the halls were sparkling clean and it had that weird hospital smell that I couldn't quite place.

I saw patients with loved ones and friends, some were smiling and laughing, others were grim, or in a coma. I was always the sick one when I was with Nate because I had a low immune system. Nate said I was lucky to even have one or else I would have been trapped inside a bubble for life. I was always sick from never having shots and barely having any sunlight, I was pale when I was younger until Nate pulled the curtains a little bit for the sun to hit me and give me a little color. He was always taking care of me, and I always try to do the same thing. We were both overprotective of each other. We couldn't help ourselves.

The nurse wheeled me to the front of the lobby and was about to open the door for me when a voice told her to wait. We both turned our heads to find the source of that voice and it was Nate. He asked the nurse to wait and to tell her to go outside and wait for my parents because he wanted to talk to me. As soon as the nurse left, Nate looked at me. He kneeled down at my eye level and hugged me. He hugged me super tight and I hesitated before hugging him back.

"I'm so sorry you felt like you had no other choice," he said. I felt him tremble as he held me. "You can talk to me whenever you need to, I don't care anymore, I will protect you at whatever cost"

"I love you," I whispered. He nodded his head and stood up. He wheeled me outside where we waited for my parents. They pulled up right away and Nate spoke to them, telling them what I needed before I got up from the wheelchair and inside the car. After they finished talking, my parents got inside and drove off. I looked back at Nate and waved at him. He waved back, smiling at me until he disappeared from my view.