Resident Evil:Project Aurora

( Under construction, again. 

Fan, Vote, Comment, and Enjoy!)

"Are we almost done here, Albert?" The sultry voice called out to him from behind. "I feel claustrophobic from being down here for so long" She complained to him.

He didn't acknowledge her right away, too busy glaring at the artificial city view in front of him, and it made her more irritated then she already was.

"The final preparations are almost ready" His husky tone startled his lover. He waited another moment before he spoke again. "Are you sure you want to go along with this, My Dear?"

She stepped around his desk and despite the sickly feeling, she grinned widely. "Is that concern in your voice? Should I be overjoyed that you feel something for me, or petrified that you're worried for my safety from your creation?"

"Our creation" He corrected but let the silence take over once more, his thoughts overwhelming him.

She glared at the back of his head, ignored once more. She trailed her slim finger down the back of his silk jacket, he suppressed a shiver at her actions and turned to catch her wrist within his strong grip.

She caught the emotions swirling behind those black glasses he was so fond of. He was fond of her, perhaps even concerned.

"There is no coming back from this" He stroked her cheek with uncharacteristic tenderness. "We don't truly know that this will work"

He was worried, which was slightly disconcerting coming from the usually detached man.

She slithered her hand out of his loosened grip, and raised the glasses off his face to uncover his hypnotizing red eyes. She tucked them into the breast pocket off his suit and ran her hands down his chest.

She looked up at him, ignoring the red remnants of his last failed experiment, and played up the most sincere look of trust and determination that she could muster in her exhausted state.

"I'll be fine" Her voice faltered for only a moment, enough for the man to take notice of her seemingly lack of distrust "I'll be fine, Albert" She spoke harsher this time. "And your vision of the perfect race will finally be a reality, I promise you"

"My Dear, I should be making you the promises" He dropped his hand from her face "I will do everything in my power to help you along, but it's up to your body. If it rejects you, I'll have to kill you" He stated, carefully choosing his words. He shouldn't be showing concern for this woman; concern meant love and he certainly didn't love this woman.

That's what he told himself, anyways.

"I know that the odds are, I've created them myself but I trust you," She rested her hands on his face and brought his lips to hers "with my life, I trust you"

~~~

There was one final trip of the day, granted it was a long way for such a short meeting.

After leaving her lover, the woman took the underground train to the Mansion from the Hive. She wasn't going to leave without saying goodbye first.

The doors from the Mansion basement opened widely as she entered the house. The underground railways always made for a quick way home, even if she technically wasn't supposed to use them.

Five steps out the door way, she was greeted by the business end of a familiar silver Beretta.

"You know this isn't necessary" She huffed at her attacker "I live here too, unfortunately" She sighed in annoyance, and turned to face her attacker; A woman in a silk red robe that left nothing to the imagination. "I'm glad it was just me and not just some random operative to come across you so under dressed" She arched a curious brow at the attire.