Resident Evil Apocalypse Chapter 5

Aurora remembered Timothy Cain. Wesker had offered the Major the job to become Umbrella's Head of Security, it had been a mistake.

Cain was inept at seeing the larger picture of things, never thinking before he acted, but somehow he was appointed to Vice President in Charge of Operations. He almost had as much say as Aurora did, almost.

In the helicopter, Major Cain held a firm grip of Angela, with a gun to the girl's head.

"It's nice to see you again, Aurora" He smirked at the woman.

Aurora's entire body tensed as he gestured for Alice and Aurora to leave the helicopter. They didn't have any choice in the matter, not with a gun to the girl's head.

So close I could almost taste the freedom. Aurora said bitterly to herself as she exited the helicopter.

It seemed like Cain had assembled his own small army, and they were all standing on top of the roof. The Major had obviously been waiting for this.

They had Jill, Carlos, L.J tied up in a line near the helicopter; Aurora was shocked to see that Doctor Ashford was among them.

Even the Nemesis stood waiting. His grotesque face stayed passive, and though he had his Gatling gun raised, he didn't seem to be hostile.

One of Umbrella's creations, no doubt, but I wonder who it answers to. Aurora thought to herself.

"Daddy!"

Cain let Angela go, and she ran to her father. Aurora looked away from the reunion, knowing this wasn't going to end well.

"Discard Primary weaponry" Major Cain announced.

The Nemesis listened, dropping his Gatling gun.

Aurora chuckled to herself quietly, why hadn't she seen that coming? A swift blow to her back with enough force brought her to her hands and knees, whining in pain.

"Pardon that," Cain stepped around Aurora, "I needed insurance; I've heard about what you can do"

Aurora chuckled darkly, "You've seen nothing yet, Major, I assure you"

"Always so feisty" Cain shook his head, sounding amused with himself, "It's no wonder Wesker was always so infatuated with you"

Aurora scoffed, "I don't take admiration from creeps like you"

Cain ignored her, stepping up to Alice and began his ultimate bad guy speech;

"The two of you showed such promise, but we had to see it in action and most impressive you've been" He purred, "You're like brother and sister; heightened speed, strength, agility, the same killer instincts. Parallel stands of research" He paused, looking at Aurora below him.

"And it all started from you," Cain shook his head, "The perfect D.N.A" He tsked, "Power wasted on a woman with nothing to show for it except loyalty to the wrong side"

"Where I lay my loyalties doesn't concern you" Aurora spat at his shoes, "So you can go fuck yourself"

Cain scoffed as he pulled a serrated blade from his jacket, and forcefully dug in to Aurora's shoulder blades. She screamed, unable to hold back the guttural sound of pain.

"That looked like it hurt" Cain smirked, "But it doesn't matter anyways, you're just the obsolete model" He turned back to Alice, and the Nemesis behind her, "Project Alice and Nemesis are superior, but let's see who stands taller"

"Fight him"

Alice raised her chin in defiance. "No" She said simply.

"Fight him or they die" Cain cautioned.