Part 2

The next day at school I was sitting at my desk. I have 15 minutes left for my biology class.

Ethan sat behind me with his friend Curt. Unfortunately, Ethan and I literally have the same class together, Lily also has the same classes as me too, so at least I have her by my side.

Ethan walk past me and only to push my books to scatter on the floor.

"Really?" I said under my breath.

"Did you say something?" He replied.

"No. I didn't." I said picking up my things on the floor.

Ethan walk back towards me and kick my books away from me.

"Please, Ethan.." I begged.

Tears started to fill in my eyes as one of the popular girls sees it.

Her name is Sarah Underwood. I took a deep breath to bare with anything  I thought she would have say ,instead, she came and bent down to help me gathered my things.

"You don't want to cry here, babe." She whispered to me.

I nodded and she placed my books on the table.

"Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome." She said as we sat back down.

"Lily, are you going to the dance with anyone?" One of Ethan's friends, Charlie, asked.

"Actually yeah. Elle and I are going together." She said.

I feel like they caught an eye on me.

"Elle is going to the dance?" Charlie asked made fun of me.

"What is she gonna wear?

Her glasses and carry her books all the way around?"

Ethan said making people laugh even harder.

"I'm not going." I mumbled.

"Yes, she is. We got her a dress yesterday." Lily said.

"Right.. Elle,In a dress, in heels.

She can barely walk without tripping over her feet."

Ethan said making everyone laugh again.

"I would love to see you in your dress, Elle." Sarah said.

"Really, Sarah? Don't try to be nice now." Curt said.

"I'm serious. Elle is gorgeous. You guys are just too blind to even realize it." She said.

I looked up only to find Ethan look at me. He smiled softly before looking away.

"Alright, class. You know the work that is due tomorrow. I'm collecting it on the beginning of the lesson tomorrow." Our teacher said before the bell rings.

The dance is only two days away,  I really want to back it out on Lily and just stay at home.

Sighing as I walk out of class and Lily said that she had to leave early.

So I went to my locker to put my books away when Ethan walked over to me.

"Ethan, please leave me alone. I can't deal with this anymore. Just stop, please." I said as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Elle, I wanted to talk to you." Ethan said as I walked away.

"I don't want to be around you." I said.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a closet.

"Why are we in here?" I asked.

"Because I don't want people to see us talking like this." He said.

"See? That's rude. I'm leaving." I said.

I opened the door, but he pushed it to shut.

"Stop, Ethan. I don't want to be around you." I fired back.

"Elle, just give me a second." He whispered  behind me.

"What do you want?" "Are you really going to the dance?" He asked.

"Yes. Why?" I turn around to face him. "Because I actually want to see you all dressed up." He smirked.

"But you don't want to see me like this?" I asked.

He stayed quiet. I pushed him away from me.

"If you can't see me like this you don't deserve to see me all dressed up." I said.

"Elle, don't you get it?" He answered.

"Get what?" I asked.

"I can't tell you how I feel because someone like me doesn't go out with someone like you." He said.

"What the hell was that supposed to mean? What do you mean 'someone like me'?"You. A nerd." He answered truthfully.

"I'm not a nerd, Ethan..Just because I'm shy and get good grades doesn't mean you can just call me a nerd. Maybe you should learn your stereotypes before you accuse me of something." I said.

"If I'm a nerd, then what the hell are you? Since we're doing stereotypes what are you? An asshole?  Just because you're rich and popular it means you're better than everyone?" I said.

He smirked. "Well.. actually, yeah." He answered.

"Well, that's not how life works. At the end of the day we are all on the same level. Doing the same damn thing."

" You sleep on your bed at night and I sleep on my bed at night."

" You're no better than I am. So, stop acting like everyone should bow down to you because you're rich."

I said and open the door.

"Will I get to see you at the dance?" He asked.

"Everyone's going to be wearing masks, so I guess you will  have to look really hard." I said before walking out and leaving him alone.