Part 7

*Ethan's pov*

I was at my locker to my phone and keys when Curt and Charlie came up to me.

"What's going on with you man?" Curt asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You've been distracted all day and we saw you kiss Elle earlier." "Don't tell me your into the nerd." Charlie said.

"She's not a nerd." I replied.

They huffed.

"Right. I'll catch you later, Rudd." He said before I walked outside to my car and driving away.

I decided I was going to go to Elle's house.

After earlier today she had been ignoring me and tried to avoid me.

When I got to her house her mom let me in and I walked upstairs to Elle's room. I knocked on the door and I heard her hop off the bed and she opened the door.

"Ethan? What are you doing here?" She asked.

"We need to talk-" I stopped midsentence when I saw a black lace dress laying on a chair.

I pushed past her picked it up.

"Did you wear this to the dance?" I asked.

"Yes." She replied.

I started to have a flashback of the girl and her dress and how it was the same one.

"Put it down. I don't want to ruin." Elle said taking it from my hands and placing it back on the chair.

"Why did you run from me earlier?" I asked.

"You scared me Ethan. I haven't seen you that angry before." She said softly.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I'm just- I've got a lot on my mind." I replied.

"And you kissed me in the middle of the hall and I don't know what to do." She said.

I pulled her closer to me.

"You shouldn't have ran away. I could've kissed you again." I replied.

She looked down and I tilted her chin back up. I looked into her eyes getting another flash back to last night. I shook it off and pulled her tiny body into a hug. I shut my eyes and when I opened them my eyes landed on a familiar mask laying on Elle's desk. I pulled away from her and walked over to the desk. I picked it up carefully and noticed it was the same mask the girl had worn the night before.

"You lied to me." I said quietly.

"What?" She asked.

I laughed.

"You said said your mask was gold. And it wasn't. It was black." I turned around to face her.

"It's you. You danced with me last night. It's you."I looked down and smiled.

"I should've known it was you. Your sweet voice and your sparkling eyes. You'd think I wouldn't have recognized it. I'm such and idiot." I continued.

I placed the mask down.

"Why didn't you tell me the truth? Don't you know I've been going crazy trying to figure out who I danced with? I understand it all now. It all makes sense now." I asked.

I walked over to her and she backed
away.

"I won't hurt you angel." I said.

"I know, but I don't want you to kiss me again." She said backed up until her back hit the wall. She is trapped .

"Why did you leave last night?" I asked getting closer to her.

"I don't know how you'd react if I do take the mask off. I don't want you to hate me." She replied.

"Hate you? I would never. I would have no reason to hate you." I answered.

She looked up at me.

"I can't believe it was really you the whole time." I said happily.

"Aren't you disappointed?" She asked nervously.

"No. I'm not disappointed at all baby. I'm actually very happy it was you. I'm so happy." I replied.

I hugged her and lifted her up a little. I couldn't help, but smile at the thought that it was her all along. Our conversation last night had proven that we could get along great. We could have a relationship if we really wanted to be together.

"Elle?" I called her name.

"Yeah?" She answered.

She looked up at me.

"You know the first time I kissed you, it was to see if I had feelings for you." I said.

"What?" She asked softly.

"I didn't know if I was starting to have feelings for you and I needed to kiss you to see if I was or not." I said.

She looked down and smile shyly.

"Do you?" She asked.

I cupped her face so she would look up straight into my eyes.

"Yes. I do. Strong feelings actually. I think me finding out that it was you magnified them. I have a lot feelings for you." I answered.

She smiled.

"Don't lie, Ethan." She replied.

"I'm not. I'm not lying. I want to be with you sweetheart." I answered.

I leaned my forehead against hers.

"I want all of you baby girl." I said.

She pressed her lips on mine and we fell back onto her bed.