61 - the evil grin

When I was 12, I had a best friend named Brenda.

We always used to hang out in her big house after school.

One day, Brenda did not show up to school.

And she was absent for a few days. After she didn't come for a week, I decided to visit her and see what was wrong.

I cycled all the way to her house and it was getting dark by then.

When I reached her house, I was shocked when the door opened automatically. I did not knock.

Brenda's mother was standing in the hallway. But there was something strange about her.

Her eyes were jet black and her hair were opened and covering most of her face.

She was wearing a bathrobe and when she saw me, she grinned.

Not that normal grin. She grinned at me like she was a ghost or something. It was really evil.

She didn't say a single word. She was just standing there grinning at me.

"Is Brenda here?" I asked nervously.

She did not answer me and she beckoned me to come in so I entered the dark house. She had already disappeared.

I heard a strange humming sound so I followed it to the kitchen.

I found her there with her back to me. Just when I entered the kichen, she stopped humming.

I took a dear at the kitchen waiting for Brenda.

Just then, the realization hit me! She hadn't moved a muscle since I came in. Her back was still to me.

Her hands were limped by her side's and her head was tilted. I couldn't see her face.

I stood up nervously and approached her.

She turned around to face me and that face! It was haunting sight that I still remember.

I was so freaked out that I didn't wanna stay in the kitchen any longer so I backed away.

I ran to the front door, jumped on my bike and started riding as fast as I could to my home.

Few days later, I found out why Brenda was absent to school.

My parents told me that there had been a tragic death in Brenda's family.

"What!" I was shocked. "Who was it?"

Their answer made my hair stand straight and I started crying with fear.

Brenda's mother had died some days before I went to their house and Brenda was at her grandparents' house attending the funeral.

Oh wow! I just saw a ghost that day in front of my eyes.

-----------------------

Hey! Sorry for not updating for a long time but I had my exams soooo 😐

Anyways, I hope you liked this one and voteeee please!!!

Byeee ❤
Xoxo Nancy