11

I sit on the swing in the woods watching the fireflies floating through the darkness. They are so free, don't have people constantly on their backs or secrets they have to keep no matter how hard they are to keep.

I'm currently feeling overwhelmed, everything that just happened is playing over and over in my head.

25 minutes earlier...

I nervously follow a jittery Jace and a very stiff Austin. I play with my fingers and watch Austin's back dreading what I'm about to do.

"Jace!" A very cheery comforting voice says and I see a women hugging Jace tightly while a man stands beside her smiling at her so dreamily.

"Mom. Dad." Jace greets hugging his -our- dad. They both turn towards Austin and their smiles grow.

"Austin, how are you?" The man says moving in and shaking hands with Austin.

"Jenny, Richard. I'm very well thank you." He replies with a smile of his own before turning to me, my heart stops as I meet eyes with my true parents.

They both freeze and their eyes widen as they look over my face. Austin puts a hand around my waist comfortingly and rubs small circles.

"Uh hey I'm Maia." I say reaching my hand out, they both look at it but make no move to shake it. I slowly retreat my hand.

"What the fuck are you playing at Jace!" Dad -wow that feels weird- shouts tears clear in his eyes, mom is still starring at me sobbing loudly.

"Nothing father!" Jace shouts suddenly getting his confidence back. "This is Maia, Austin's mate and our Luna. She arrived about a week ago from an orphanage."

"Oh my gosh..." Mom whispers looking at me, searching every inch of me. This goes on for about 5 minutes.

"It can't be." Dad says quietly as he steps closer, I instinctively take a step back making Austin growl warningly at my dad.

I feel the tears in my eyes as I look over my parents, I'm so much like them it's scary. I have my dads hair colour but my mom skin tone and my dads eye colour.

I turn around and race towards the woods, allowing myself to flick of my shoes not caring where they land. I run until I come across a swing, I sit down trying to catch my breath.

I look around and see fireflies everywhere and the wind slowly blowing the leaves on the trees, everything here is so full of life especially in the dark.

I sit on the swing in the woods watching the fireflies floating through the darkness. They are so free, don't have people constantly on their backs or secrets they have to keep no matter how hard they are to keep.

I'm currently feeling overwhelmed, everything that just happened is playing over and over in my head.

I hear a twig snap and look in the direction of the noise, the tears escaping blur my vision but I know it's Austin. I give him a small smile.

"Hey Maia," he says picking my up and sitting down then placing me on his lap "don't worry it's okay."

"No it's not, I don't like this. Why couldn't my life of just been simple or why couldn't I of refused the offer to come here and stayed there." I cry into his shoulder, a growl escapes his lips and I look up at his face as he looks down at me.