30

Jace POV:

*3 months since*

"Keep going! Don't stop! Push yourselves!" I shout towards the many men and women standing in front of me for training.

"The attack is any day now! We have to keep going! We have to protect everybody in this pack!" I shout walking back and forth in front of them.

"Yes Beta!" They bow and keep training, some do defence while others do attack. I glance down at the list of names on my clipboard and frown.

The name of every pack member is on here. One side is of those members who are fighting and the other side is those who are going to hide underground.

Maia's name is at the top beside Austin because I made sure she was there to show that we couldn't forget her.

Austin's name is first on the list yet I still have no idea whether he is going to fight. Nobody has seen him for 3 months, except the Doc.

The other person who has been missing since the funeral is Tyson, Maia's childhood best friend. He hasn't been seen anywhere on pack ground.

Louis is pretty bad as well, he is still not sleeping so he had to be given sleeping pills. He needs them especially because he put his name down to fight.

"Jace." The Doc calls me from the front door of the Academy, I nod to my class and they start their running course then I walk towards him.

"How is he?" I ask feeling the worry for my best friend deep within my chest.

"He is okay." Doc says "I've only dealt with this once before and it was never as severe as this. He is barely eating. He is not sleeping at all. He won't leave his bedroom. His wolf is MIA because of the pain. But he wants to see you Jace."

I can't hide the shock on my face, after all this time he wants to see me. I give the Doc a quick nod then we start walking towards my office.

Once we are in there I can't help he gasp that escapes my lips, the office is a complete reck. The desks are broken and flung across the room, papers and books scatter the floor.

The only thing standing is the bookcase to Austin's room. We are soon walking up the stairs to Austin's room and I feel nervous, I haven't seen my best friend in so long. Since a young age we have never parted for too long not like this anyway.

"Be careful. He is fragile. Do not mention her at all." Doc warns before opening the door at the top, I nod in understanding and walk through.

Instead of coming in Doc closes it with him the other side. I turn away from the door and look around, everything is the same.

Nothing is damaged. Nothing. There are a few pictures of her missing but I soon spot them on both the bedside tables.

I pick one up and smile, this was a few weeks before she left for the Alpha and Luna party. It's me, Maia, Austin and my parents. We are all standing in front of the Academy.

My parents are laughing at me while I make a weird funny face. On the other side of my father stands Maia in the right arms of Austin.