Epilogue

9 months later ~

'Jack!’ I yelled out running toward him. I watched as he hacked into a full tree on the ground with a giant axe, his long black pants slipping down just a little, his bare body fully exposed at the back and I could already imagine what the front looked like.

He was so focused on the tree and axe as he had some type of beat and rhythm that he followed, he didn’t seem to hear me. My heart sped up and rammed hard into my chest as I got closer and closer.

‘Jack!’ I call again. Finally he stops hacking and as he did so I stopped running, now walking in case he thought I was someone else. ‘Jack,’ I say again, but it sounded more like a sigh that went with the wind. He drops the axe and his body stiffens at my voice making my heart ram even harder, could he have forgotten me already? Even though it’s only been nine months?

Suddenly I stop approaching now about ten meters away when all I wanted to do was run and throw my arms around him, hear his reassuring voice and feel his strong arms around me. A shiver runs down my spine though I wasn’t sure why.

Slowly and finally, he turns around to face me but as he did so his eyes were wide and his face was pale. He gulps and even I could see it as his throat moved, ‘R-Remiah,’ he stutters as if he couldn’t believe his eyes.

If he didn’t look so scared and frightened I would’ve thought it was just the shock of not believing, but the look on his face told me otherwise.

‘Jack, w-what’s wrong?’ I ask carefully. He backs up a little thinking that I wouldn’t see but I do, so I start making my way toward him slowly. ‘Why are you here? Y-you shouldn’t be here.’ he says brow furrowed in confusion and moving back even more.

I stopped and realised he didn’t want me here, is this the Jack I know? Why would he say something like that?

A tear escapes my eye and I couldn’t help but look away, ‘I came back to see you Jack, isn’t that what you want?’ I ask, my voice a whisper by the hurt he caused. From the corner of my eye I could see him hesitate looking as if he wanted to come and hug me, push away my tears and worries, but then it was gone within a second. ‘No, I’m sorry Remiah. But… please, if you know what’s good for you… what’s good for me… just, don’t try to see me anymore. I can’t tell you why but know that it’s best for all of us.’

Suddenly I look up and hold his weary gaze, ‘Jack, what do you mean? Please, don’t do this to me. Not after what I’ve been through. Please Jack, I thought… I thought you loved me?’ Yes, I finally dared to say that to him, even though I knew his answer could either break or raise me I just had to know.

‘I’m sorry Remiah,’ was all he said before grabbing his axe and walking off pulling his shirt on hastily and muttering words that I couldn’t hear.

I tried and wanted so badly to follow but it was as if my legs were glued to the ground. Before I knew it I was on my knees weeping, the feeling of finally being lost and unwanted by Jack running through my mind, my body, my heart – my soul.

________________________________________________________________________________

So, like or not like? good or bad? pleasseeeee comment and all that it would be really nice :)

I'm new here so I'd realy love for people to comment. oh, and tell me if you didnt like some parts or thought it was boring so maybe i can change it or something :)

THANK YOOUUU SOOO MUCCHHH FORRR REAADDINNNGG MYYY BOOOK ! <3