II ■ Stark Territory

Dangling limply over the right arm of the Beta, I continued to come-and-go out of consciousness as blood rushed to my head. In front of me, my wrists were bound by a pair of silver hand cuffs, and although I had never shifted, the precious metal still burned like hell.

I silently grimaced at the searing pain on my skin, but continued to play possum-- if there was any hope that I could still get out of here alive, then I needed to keep up my ruse as a human. Besides, if I was awake, I would probably be forced to trudge along with my captors back to their pack dungeon, and there was no way in hell I was going to do that-- at least, not willingly anyways.

I snuck a glance at Freddy, and was surprised to see he was still unconscious. What had these bastards done to him, I wondered. Now for sure, I felt no remorse in making them carry us. I only wish I had loaded my pockets with bricks first.

Suddenly, my body was dropped to the ground.

"Lord Aethelwulf will be here tomorrow to deal with the pair of you," the Alpha spat at me before turning on his heel.

"Aethelwulf--"

I cringed inwardly as I repeated the name quietly to myself. It left a bitter taste in my mouth, and even my wolf seemed to whine in nervous anticipation. Something told me the sooner we could get out of here, the better. I took one good look around the cold, musty cell before watching the Alpha and his Beta storm out of the cell. When I was sure they had left, I rushed over to Freddy's side.

"Freddy." I shook him, panicking slightly when he didn't answer right away. "Freddy!"

A pained groan escaped his lips as I struggled to flip him over. Brushing my knuckles against the stubble and bruises across his cheek, I could almost feel the look of worry etch across my face as I pulled my hand away.

"You're not healing properly," I frowned, the pale moonlight illuminating a light trace of blood on my finger tips.

Grabbing my hand, Freddy gently pressed a kiss against it before answering. "They injected me with wolfsbane, Love. I'm afraid we won't be getting out of here any time soon."

My heart sunk in disappointment, but I needed to be strong for Freddy. I gently caressed his brow and moments later he offered me a feeble smile before slipping back into unconsciousness. Wolfsbane was some nasty stuff, and I knew it would be at least a day or so before it would completely exit his system.

With a heavy sigh, I leaned back against the wall, wrapping my arms tightly around my legs as a few tears began to cascade down my cheeks. Freddy and I had found ourselves in more than our fair share of sticky situations before, but never anything like this. I wondered what the pack was really planning to do to us. Would we even make it out of here alive?

Son of a bitch, I thought to myself. I need a drink.

Standing up, I dusted my pants off and began moving about the dark cell. As my fingers trailed along the cold slabs of concrete, it became clear that Freddy and I would have to fight our way out of here.

With a feeling of defeat, I shuffled in the darkness back towards him. His shallow breathing the only indication that I was heading in the right direction. All of a sudden, I found myself falling to the ground.

"Judas Priest--" I cursed under my breath as I felt around for what had tripped me.

My fingers slowly curled around the small leather loop of a bag, and I dragged the item closer to myself. Could it be, I thought as I tore into the duffle bag. The corners of my lips twitched upwards as my hands grabbed hold of the familiar contents-- my last carton of cigs and a lighter.