~12~

Emma.

*not edited

"Emma, wake up, we need to leave." I swat the hand that was tapping my cheek. "Emma," the hand returns, pushing my shoulder. I roll onto my side away from the annoyance. Suddenly, I shiver as my legs are exposed to the crisp cold air. Tucking my legs up to my chest, I fold myself into a tight ball.

"Don't make me pick you up!" The voice warns. I open my eyes slightly and turn over to look at the person. It is an unknown male. I don't know this person, I've never seen him before, but something about his eyes draws me in. I send a puff of air in his direction, aiming to push him away from me, but he retaliates with his own puff of air.

I gape at him.

"How did you do that?" I yell before clapping my hands in front of me and sending a huge gust of wind, knocking him off his feet. He stands up and forms a fist, spinning his arm in a circle the wind around him picks up, swirling around his feet, picking up any small rocks and twigs. He makes a flick with his wrist and it all comes flying towards me. I pull my hand up quickly and create a rock wall that stops all of the items.

"Who are you?" I ask, lowering the rock. But I spin in a circle with my arms out at lift them into the air quickly as I see he is right in front of the wall and his body is on fire, blue flames licking up his skin, his hair is bright blue waving like fire. The movement I make cause the moisture to be drawn out of the rock and doused on him.

He looks up at me, his hair flattened down on his face and dripping wet. He looks at me with his mouth gaping.

"How'd you do that? I haven't taught you that yet!" He asks. I narrow my eyes and slowly lift my right hand up and forming a fist, he reaches up and scratches at his neck.

"Who are you?" I ask, finality in my voice.

"Emma, calm down...its...Croydon." The man struggles to say. I instantly unfit my hand and he drops to the ground, bracing himself on his knees as he catches his breath.

"Croy?" I look at him weirdly. He is in a human form.

"Not how I expected to be greeted on this fine morning." He whispers, his voice raspy. Standing to his full height I realise how tall he really is, probably about 6'4". I should of known, icy blue eyes, white hair, the obvious black scales scattered over his body.

"What the hell!" I screech at him, throwing my hands in the air, instantly drying him and sending him flying against the wall. "You damn near scared me to death!"

"I'm sorry! But it was so amusing," he laughs, catching his breath. I glare and him before walking out of the room in the cave. Shortly he follows me out.

"How's your stomach?" Jolie asks as I walk out, I smile at her.

"Good as new, doesn't hurt at all," I say while tapping the bandage.

"Anyway Em, we have to go." Spencer says, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my head. I look up at him smiling.

"Why?" I whisper, placing a small kiss on his chin.

"Because we can't afford to stay in one place too long, the High Council may find us." Deuce says, coming in from the mouth of the cave. I frown.

"Right," I say, pulling away from Spencer. I pick up my bow and place the quiver over my shoulder, then I place my sword in its hilt. "Everyone set?"

With nods from everyone we set out.

Croydon transitions into his dragon form again and I climb on. His body vibrates under me as he prepares himself. Spencer and Cindy wait for us all to get set up on our dragons.

I hope you don't mind Emma, but I called in a couple of my friends.

Oh? Really?

Yes here they are now.

I look towards the sky as the sound of wings flapping reaches my ears. I laugh and pet Croy on the neck as the two fire dragons descend onto the rock face.

"Everyone, this is Jewelar and Spinn, my friends." Croydon says. The two dragons bow their heads and walk over to Spencer and Cindy before crouching. "They will be Cindy and Spencer's mounts for the time being. Their Kiolates just aren't fast enough and don't have enough stamina for the distance of flights we are doing."

Everyone nods as Cindy and Spenc acquaint themselves with the two new additions to our team.

****

HEY EVERYONE WHATS GOOD!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I look forward to seeing you in the next one.

Love you all!

Catch ya later Raiders!

-Scorch