Chapter 16

A/N: For some reason, the last chapter showed up in front of the R/PG page, and some of you probably didn't notice I updated! I don't know why it's doing this, but I'm scared it's going to happen for this chapter too! I'm so sorry, and thanks for your patience. Enjoy. (;

With Kaden's maniac speeding, we got to the mall in about an hour.

The car ride surprisingly hadn't been too awkward. We talked about small things, like favorite colors, which surprise, surprise! Kaden's was black. I also learned that Kaden was 22, making us 4 years apart, however he wouldn't age as fast as a normal human. My face paled at this. If I ended up with him, I would wither and get old, while he stayed young and handsome.

"You mean I'm going to become old and crinkly," I scrunch up my nose. "While you hardly grow a grey hair?"

He laughs, putting the car in park. "No, kitten. Once we mate," he sends me a dark wink, my cheeks tingling as I sent him a glare. "You'll age just as slow as me."

I breathe out a sigh of relief, stepping out into the warm California sun as he opened the door for me. I was still conflicted on the inside. This morning, he'd given me a taste of how physically satisfying it would be to be with him. The irrational part of me screamed to just accept this, and let him fuck me senseless. But the other part was telling me to slow down and really think about this. I didn't even know him that well. Yes, I was undeniably attracted to him, and I had come to terms with it. But, there was still so much I didn't know about him, and this whole werewolf thing just threw things off, too. I knew though, however, that I didn't regret choosing to give him a chance. Because if I didn't, I would never be able to disregard the "what-ifs" that came with it. I ran a hand through my hair, frustrated. And I still had to deal with my family. I had no idea what I was even going to do once I saw them. Yeah, sure at first it'd all be live and hugs. But how was I supposed to explain Kaden to them? And Will? Was I just going to dump him like he meant nothing to me? We'd been through a lot together, and it was going to be like putting salt in a wound ending things with him.

Kaden's tug on my elbow pulled me back to reality. "What's wrong?"

"Everything," I muttered, looking at the ground as we walked into the mall.

"Like what, kitten?" He pulled me into his side, eyes trained on me.

"You. This. Us. My family. Will. My life," I frown. "I'm just overwhelmed, and scared."

"What about Will?" He growls out, always looking on the wrong side of things.

I huff in frustration. "You're kidding me right now, right? You can't seriously be mad that I'm worried about how to end things with him? I'm ending it with him for you, Mr. Big Bad Wolf. And I haven't even known you for a week. So, please, stop with the jealousy." I'm so annoyed right now, I need him to help me figure this out. Not get jealous at the mere mention of my soon to be ex-boyfriend.

"I'm...sorry," he hesitates, as if the word is foreign to him. Which of course it is, he's the alpha. He never has to apologize, everything runs under him. He grips my hand a little tighter, leading me into a fancy looking department store. "I'm not uh, used to this."

I nod at his apology. I can't get mad at him, possessiveness is in his nature.

After shopping for a while, I'd bought a lot of clothes. I'm talking a whole entire new wardrobe, enough to wear a different thing all 365 days of the year. Oh, and I can't forget to mention all the different pairs of complimentary lingerie. All that he'd made me try on in front him.

"Yeah, you're definitely getting that one," he whispered throatily, as he entered my dressing room. I was in a pair of dark blue lingerie that consisted of see through, cheeky underwear. It had lace on the edges, and the words "Bite Me" on the back. Ironic. The bra wasn't a push-up, but it made my boobs sit high and mighty, so that they were on full display.