Chapter 1

Natalia's POV

"Will, Will!" I giggled. "Will, I've gotta go," I laugh, struggling to get out of his grip.

He grunts.

"Natttt..." he trails off, wrapping his arms around my waist. I sigh into the embrace.

"Trust me babe, I don't wanna leave you," I mumble, turning around and pecking his cheek. "But I'll see you after work, and we can go get a smoothie or something."

He smiles at me, going in for my lips.

"Alright cutie, sounds good to me," he smirked, letting go of my waist and slapping my butt.

"Oh, no you didn't!" I exclaim, shooting him a playful glare.

His deep chuckle fills the room as he winks at my flaming figure.

"Oh, yes I did," he smirks, arching an eyebrow.

"Alright, whatever," I roll my eyes, laughing. "See you later," I continue, giving him a slow, teasing kiss on the lips. He moans throatily, wrapping his arms around my waist but I quickly wiggle out of his grip, shooting him a wink.

"Bye!" I laugh running out the door.

"What a tease," I hear him grunt behind me, and I can't suppress the giggles that fill me.

What a lovely boyfriend I have.

---

"Lex come on! People are waiting!" I call out to her anxiously.

She groans.

"This damn machine is like broken or something," she huffs, rolling her eyes.

I let out a small laugh. Currently I'm at Starbucks, the place where I work, and also the place my best friend works. You see, that's how we met, from working at Starbucks. I smiled recalling the memory.

Flashback

"Um...hi..I'm Natalia.." I said nervously, biting my lip. It was my first day at work.

"Hi! I'm Alexa," a young brunette greeted me, smiling. "You must be the new worker. Finally, it was getting pretty boring with just Mark and Steph around here," she laughed.

"You know you love us," a handsome guy, who I assumed was Mark, chuckled gesturing to himself and a ginger haired girl who I'm pretty sure was Steph.

Alexa rolled her eyes.

"You wish I did," she teased shooting them a wink. Steph glared at her.

"You certainly were kissing up to us when we helped you here on your first day," she smirked, laughing.

Alexa blushed, shutting up to that.

By now I was cracking up. Gosh, these people were hilarious.

"You guys are hilarious," I laughed, smiling at them all.

"You'll love it here. Hot guys come here all the time," she winked, playfully elbowing me in the ribs.

"Ooooohhhh lala.." I smirked.

This was the going to be the best job ever.

Flashback Over

"Remember when we first met?" I chuckle.

"Oh, yeah. How could I forget. Too bad Steph moved," she frowns, shaking her head.

I sigh, my thoughts drifting off to a certain red-head who never failed to make me laugh.

"We should go visit her sometime. Or mayb-" I'm suddenly, cut off by a deep voice.

"Um, excuse me. I hate to interupt you and your friend, but...I've been waiting here for a while now," a fairly old man states, looking rather annoyed.

My cheeks tinge a rosy hue, and I hurry to the counter to take his order.

"I'm sorry," I rush. "What would you like sir?"

"I'd like a tall vanilla latte please," he informs me, his voice still laced with impatience. "And my name is Joey," he adds, not giving me a chance to ask.

"Okay," I smile, despite his attitude. "That'll be $3.50," I hand him his receipt.

"Next!" I call out, drumming my fingers against the counter.

"Hi. I'd like a hug from my best friend!" a voice all too familiar sings out.

"Steph!" I scream jumping over the counter and hugging her. "What are you doing here? I thought you moved? Let's hang out! I'll ditch work! Lex! Get over here it's Steph!"

"WHAT?! OH MY! STEPH!" she screams, scrambling over to us and tackling Steph into a meaty hug. "We were just talking about you, all good things, all good things," she quips with a wink.

Steph laughs, nudging both me and Alexa in the ribs.

"Gosh, I missed you guys."

---

"Alright, Mark. You can go home. Lex and I can take it from here. " I call out to the blonde haired boy who is sifting through his phone.

It's 11:45 pm and we close at 1, and Alexa and I could use an hour to talk.

"Ok. See you, Nati," he hums, flashing his pearly whites at me in appreciation. He gathers all his things from the back room, and makes his way out, bidding us one last goodbye as he departs.

Just then, Lex's phones begins to ring out a tune, vibrating as it does so.

"Hello?...What?!...No way!...I'm at work...Ok...On my way!"

I look up, my eyes met with horrified brown orbs.

"Is everything alright?"

"No! My brother! He broke his arm, he's in the hospital!"

"What? What happened?" I ask, eyes widening. Her brother was only 7.

"I'm, I'm not sure," she frowns, and I see her eyes fill with worry.

"Well, you'd better head off to then."

"Are you sure? Will you be okay on your own?" She questions, gratitude lacing the worry in her eyes.

"Yes! I'm sure, now leave!" I shoo her, pushing her towards the room so she can retrieve her things.

"Thank you!" she breathes out, quickly grabbing her things before heading out in a hurry, leaving me all alone for the night.

----------------------------------------------

Uh hi. (: how about that for the first chapter? (: