Ten

Ten

*~*~*~*

"What happened?" Magnus asked as Clary and Simon helped Luke through the door while I trailed behind them, wincing from the pain that was still radiating from my side.

"He was attacked." Simon told him.

"He needs a warlock." Clary added. "He needs you."

"Put him here." Magnus spread a sheet over his couch before Clary and Simon helped Luke lay down, the man still groaning in pain from the alpha's bite.

"Zia?" Magnus looked at me, spotting the blood soaked makeshift bandage still tied around me, as well as the blood that covered my hands. "What happened?"

"It's nothing, just focus on him." I waved him off, though I knew it would only last for so long.

"Jocelyn, Jocleyn." Luke called out.

"No, Luke, it's Clary." Clary shook her head. "Can you hear me?"

"Clary, listen to me." Luke panted out. "Listen... You have to listen to me. I have to tell you, just in case-"

"No, don't even say it, don't." Clary shook her head.

"No, listen to me." Luke insisted. "No, you need to know! Listen-"

"Was he bitten by an alpha?" Magnus asked.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Why?" Simon asked. Magnus began to count down from three and when he reached one Luke let out a loud growl, his eyes flashing a bright green color. Magnus hurried away, into the next room. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Hold him down. We don't have a lot of time." Magnus ordered as he came back in with a small bowl and a piece of tree bark. I watched as he shoved the bark into Luke's mouth. "It'll take a few moments to take effect."

"What's happening to him?" Clary asked.

"Random werewolf transformation." I told her.

"It's a side effect of the poison in the alpha bite." Magnus explained as Luke started to calm down, the bark taking effect. Once Magnus was sure that Luke was okay for now he looked over at me, nodding for me to follow him into the next room. "Take a seat."

"I'm fine, Mag." I assured him as I took a seat in a chair while he started to hurry around his small table, looking at different ingredients.

"Take off your bandage." He instructed me. I rolled my eyes as I carefully took off the bloody fabric. A small hiss escaped me as the fabric peeled away from the wound. I looked down at it to see that it looked better than before, thanks to my healing rune, but it still had a ways to go. Magnus moved over to take a look at it, using a wet towel to wipe away the dried blood. "What happened?"

"Werewolves." I stated the obvious. "They thought Clary had the Cup and when she said she didn't they decided to stab me. Of course, the idiot decided to be dramatic and had me stabbed with my own dagger."

"In all likelihood, you would have been better off if you'd left the dagger in." He told me as he grabbed some sort of mixture and rubbed it on my side, making it sting slightly. He quickly followed with a blue glow from his hands, taking away my pain. Once he was done with that he carefully put a clean white bandage over the wound, knowing that it would be better in a couple of hours from my rune. "I have some clothes in my room that should fit you. Help yourself to whatever you like."

"Mag," I grabbed his hand when he went to move, causing him to look at me. I gave him a small smile as I squeezed his hand in my own. "Thank you."

"No need." He returned my smile. "Now, go change. Your clothes are filthy."