twenty one #TheLostOne

You're going to love and hate this chapter at the same time (❛ ᴗ ❛)

Chapter 21 | An Ocean Of Melancholy

Wahdan inserted a black sheet of A4 into the paper tray and pressed print on his phone, putting a hand on his hip as he waited for the machine to push out the paper with the detailed bank transactions printed on it

The printer whirred and rumbled, rattled and growled before the blinking blue light, that indicated the machine was turned on, suddenly went dead.

Wahdan's eyes widened as he stared at the printer, the open paper tray, and the output tray devoid of the end product. Wahdan tapped the side of the printer with his finger, hoping against all odds that the machine would stir to life, but alas.

The paper had been sucked into the machine, with no chance of coming out.

The printer had turned evil!

Wahdan narrowed his eyes as he stepped close to the table and bent down, sliding out the output tray and peeking inside the printer. He made out a cartridge, a black tape and a bunch of slots, but he couldn't see the printer. At once, the printer whirred to life and began rumbling, shaking a little in its pursuit.

Wahdan stepped back, letting out a bloodcurdling scream just as Vajeeha walked into the room. Wahdan jumped in her arms, tightening both his arms around her neck and hugging close to her.

"It's evil!"

Vajeeha rolled her eyes. "Don't tell me you jammed the printer. Again."

"But it's evil! It ate the paper!"

Vajeeha sighed deeply. "Meri jaan, you probably inserted a paper smaller than the recommended size."

Wahdan pinched his eyes shut, burying his face into Vajeeha's neck. "It's evil! The printer wants to take over the world! It ate the paper and pretty soon it'll get to us in our sleep as well! It'll eat us alive in the dead of the night and leave our corpses to rot!"

Vajeeha patted Wahdan's arm. "I sympathize with you. I really do."

"I knew we shouldn't have bought an HP printer. I've heard Grim brother tales of these machines sprouting twig legs at exactly 1:43 every morning and waddling around the house making that stupid clunk clunk noise!"

Vajeeha softly kissed Wahdan's hair. "And?"

"The printer reports it's findings to the Royal Council of Printers, where they discuss plots and ploys to take over the world!"

"And?"

"Earth will not be Earth anymore, it will be the Realm of the HP Deskjet 3775!"

"Wahdan."