CHAPTER 1

OK SKITTLES WHATEVER HELPS YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT

If there's one thing, if not for thousand other things this school needs to change, is its lockers. Seriously. No matter how much you try to clean them, wash them, the stench just doesn't go.

I shake my head at that thought and close my locker door. On my way to Biology class, I am joined by my best friends Harper and Liam. These people have stuck by my side since we were little 10-year-old kids dancing to the gummy bear song. We've been there though each other's problems and good times. We're basically family.

"So Brooks, any tea?"Harper chimes beside me and I roll my eyes, "You know I'm the last one to ask that stuff Harp." She shrugs and looks at Liam, who has been strangely quiet, "Li what's wrong? Is everything ok?" she asks and he blinks a few times, coming back to reality, "Uh yes. It's-It's all good" He nods and Harp and me share a look, both of us knowing that it isn't true, but we let the topic drop. We both know that he'll tell us when he wants to.

We get to our first class and I am soon sent down to the office by the teacher to collect some markers for the whiteboard. Goodness can't these people come prepared to class?

I walk down as slow as I can, which was a huge mistake. I come across Zoe and her gang. You know, the typical Queen Bees of our school.

"Hello Brooklyn. Got the job of the teacher's slave again?" She smirks and her minions snicker behind her.

"Get out my way Zoe. I'm in no mood for this." I tell her, looking away. "Excuse me, do you know who you're dealing with?" Riana, her sidekick snapped at me. I raise a brow, "Who? Your pathetic excuse for a friend? Yeah I know." Rolling my eyes, I move to walk away from them but they do the same. 

"Zoe, I'm warning you. Move out of my way if you don't want that makeup on your face ruined." I say, gritting my teeth," And anyway, what have I ever done to you. Why do you like to annoy me so much?"

"Why? Maybe if you stopped walking around pretending like your life is perfect when you actually have problems going on at home, I wouldn't hate you. You're fake Brooklyn. That's what you are."

"Oh so being happy and not focusing on the bad things in life is being fake now? First of all, what even is your problem if I'm happy, huh? And you know what, Zoe? The fact that you actually took time off from your schedule to find out about whatever "problems" you're referring to going on in my life, says a lot about your priorities." I spit back.

She smirks, "I don't do the work, sweetheart. I have my sources." I scoff, "Who? Riana and Crielle?" I look at the two of them with a 'seriously?' look on my face but they ignore my gaze. "Acting too smart, huh? You want me to tell everyone about your life, Taylor?" Zoe snarls and I look back at her, sternly.

Her smirk grows, "About your life at home. How you're alone everyday when you get back home, how your parents are-"

Before she can finish that sentence, my hand makes contact with her cheek, leaving the other two behind her, wide-eyed. "Did you just slap me?!" Zoe growls.

I glare at her, "Stay out of my way, Zoe. I warned you before and I'm  warning you again." I turn to walk away, but then spin back, "Oh and before you indirectly reveal the fact that you stalked me while telling people about my life, make sure to get your facts right, will you?"

With a satisfied smirk, I walk away but am blocked by the school's 'popular boy', Luke Johnson. He's looking at me as if I just told Rihanna her music sucks, in front of millions. His lips then form a smirk, "Feisty huh?" I scowl. I don't know what everybody sees in him that I don't. All I see is a face full of ego. "She deserved that someday." I roll my eyes and respond with a shrug, walking away to my ACTUAL destination, the office.