Chp. 21 The Good and the Bad?

A/N: Her infamous leather jacket lol! 🔝😂🤣

*Maya's POV*

It was the day after the dance, and Ella, Riley, josh, Chris, me, and Aaron were all sitting in the living room. They all barged in and woke me up, and one thing I hate is waking up so early on Saturdays.

I decided to take a shower and get dressed for the day, leaving the guys to chat, since I still had morning breath. I did my usual morning routine and got out of the bathroom, right after hearing the front door open and close.

 I did my usual morning routine and got out of the bathroom, right after hearing the front door open and close

"What's wrong?" I asked when everyone was staring at me after I came out of the bathroom.

I looked behind me to find Alex. My eyes widened up and realized that he might or might not know.

"Heyyyyy Alex, w-what's up?"

Totally nailed it.

"I know you guys were trying to get me and eve together yesterday."

Not.

"We're sorry." A mumble of words said.

"It's okay, I knew that I wasn't going to get her anyway, I mean I'm way out of her league."

I raised my eyebrow looking at him with a look while Riley rolled her eyes. My phone rang as I picked up and saw the collar ID. Eve.

"Hey, what's up." I said in the phone, trying to act casual.

"Seriously Maya? What's up? We are going to be late for music hurry up, we have to turn in our lyrics today!"

"Oh shit, sorry forgot, I'll be right there!"

I hanged up the phone and grabbed my assignment and my phone.

"Where are you going?" Josh asked.

"To Mrs. Mitchell, I have forgot I have a class with her today. Bye guys!"

I normally don't have classes on the weekends but sometimes we have to extend our class time, and that will usually be on Saturday mornings. Our first assignment was to write lyrics of what we are feeling, and I just wrote what I was feeling from the heart.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

After what felt like hours, the bell finally rung. Don't get me wrong, but seriously?! A class on a Saturday! That is the stupidest thing I ever heard!

"Ok class, don't forget that the next assignment is due on Wednesday!"

Finally I will be able to leave and go to sleep, "Maya, can I please see you for a second?"

Ok, either she is going to give me detention, or she just wants to bore the life out of me.

"Yessss?"

"Maya, the lyrics you wrote was extraordinary! The lyrics spoke to me, as if it was reaching deep into my soul. And "Shadows" is a brilliant title. There is this competition that is taking place at the New York Music Studio, where music protégées come all over the college, and compete. The judges will be famous music producers, and I want you to enter it. I was going to sign you up but I need your permission. What do you think?"

"You seriously believe that I will be the right person to compete with advanced music protégées that must've work hard for this?!"

"Maya, I see a talented person at heart. The competition is on March 23rd. You have enough time to add effects, sounds, and rhythm. You can even ask your classmate to help you."

This was a hard choice. I don't want this for the fame and money, I just want the world to hear my music, and this was something to discuss with my family.

"Can I talk this with my family and get back to you on Monday?"

"Sure take your time!"

"Maya Hart, please report to the front desk." The announcements blared.

"Guess you have some more good news." I grinned at her and walked out of the class.

"Maya."

"Yes Mrs. Mitchell?"

"I have only one advice for you. Write your songs about your emotions. People like you who have a passion for music will catch on."

I nodded, and made my way to the front desk. There was nothing else that needed to be said. Our eyes had a conversation and we understood.

"You called?" I asked, once I reached the front desk.

"Maya Hart-Hunter? Dorm number 609?"

"Yeah."

"Well remember about the problem? Well we have a spot open for you in another dorm with a first year girl."

"Wait what are you saying?"

"I'm saying is that someone found another dorm that has only one girl in their, which means you can either decide whether you want to choose to stay in your regular dorm or move into the new one."

"Who found it?"

"Uh lets see." She said scrolling down, "A forth year, named Joshua Gabriel Mathews."

A/N: Aaaaaaaah!!

This is like a sequel to the chapter; NYU Here We Come!

So maya might be the next famous singer, and josh might hate Maya so he found another dorm for Maya to be in. Guess you'll have to wait and see! Don't be a silent reader! Remember to...

Vote

Comment

Share

See ya soon, loves!