Chapter 17 - Blue Towel

Lilith

As the young girl slowly opened her eyes, she immediately noticed the absence of the doctor. He had placed a pillow under her head, and had taken his coat. As she shifted in her seat, she saw a little note scribbled in Spencer's usual messy handwriting.

Hey, I left to buy a few groceries. Help yourself to anything you want! :)

Spencer

Lilith giggled at the sight of the wobbly smiley face. She lifted herself up, deciding to make most of the day. Smelling her shirt, she realised wearing it three days in a row was stupidly desperate, and all in all not a good idea.

"He said help yourself, so might as well..." The girl muttered to herself.

She made her way to his bathroom, stripped, and slipped into his shower. Fiddling around with the knob, the girl struggled to find a comfortable temperature. A little too much to the left, and the water was icy. A little too much to the right, and it was as if the water might burn off  her skin. After some time, the girl was satisfied with the warmth. She looked around, searching for some sort of shower gel. Lilith grabbed an ivory bar, and inspected it. His soap smelled good, a little fruity, too. Lemon. And...ginger? She smiled. It was so like him.

When she finished washing herself, Lilith wrapped herself in a towel she'd found under his sink. The towel was a greenish blue, and struggled to go around her entire body. She still managed to fold it, in a way that the fabric didn't budge and covered her private parts.

Someone rang the doorbell.

The girl turned around, surprised, and paced toward the door. It was probably Spencer, coming back from the shops.
She opened the door.

"Hey! Spenc-" She immediately stopped in her tracks.

That was definitely not Spencer.

A group of a few people, consisting of three women and a man were standing in front of her. She recognised them from the party, a week before.

"Holy mother of God..." One of the two blondes had her mouth half opened, astonished.

Lilith looked down, remembering her attire, and what kind of ideas were running through their heads.

"It's really not what it looks like..."

"Wow, JJ. You were right. It really IS the chick from the party." The man smirked.

Spencer

The young man went up his stairs, a bag of groceries in his arms, blocking his view. As he arrived on his level, he saw Lilith standing at the door from the corner of his eye.

"Oh, Hey! I got us breakfa-"

He had not seen his colleagues, standing just outside his apartment.

Garcia, still in shock, asked,

"Care to explain what this girl is doing here..?"

"I- I know you're probably having some kind of preposterous theories right now, but it's nothing of the sort." Spencer felt his cheeks go red.

"Right, kiddo." Morgan ruffled his hair. "You'll need to kiss your girlfriend goodbye, because we have a case today. Pack your things."

"She's not my girlfriend." Spencer rumbled, as he pushed through his teammates to get into his apartment. "I'm gonna go get my stuff."  He closed the door behind him, leaving his confused teammates on the other side.

"I'm so sorry, I- I wanted to take a shower, I had no clue they'd be the ones at the door." Lilith stammered, apologetic.

"Don't worry about it, it's not your fault. I'll clarify the situation with them." He gave her a wide smile, and added, "You smell really nice, by the way."

"Thanks...Um, I should probably pack up my stuff and get to my place, since you're leaving." Lilith said, as she gave him a small smile and walked away. Spencer couldn't help but give her a quick glance, her body still wrapped in his blue green towel.