Chapter 29 - Third of All

Spencer

"Did you just... punch me?"

Spencer was dumbfounded for a moment, surprised by his own action.

"Uh, yeah... looks like I did."

Mark got onto his feet, anger burning in his eyes. His face was turning red; Spencer knew he was in trouble.

"Oh just you wait you fucking asshole... You're gonna regret this."

Mark was preparing himself to hit the young man, bringing his balled fists in front of his chest, a defying look on his face. Spencer remained serene.

"Actually, Mark, I won't regret this. Now I could stoop down to your level and fight you. Again, I'm not gonna, because you can't punch me. You may ask why. First of all, because I could hypothetically tell Isabelle all that happened between you and Lilith, and make sure you never step foot into this house ever again. Second of all, because your wife will be absolutely thrilled to learn that she has a cheating husband under her roof, and at that point you won't ever be able to step foot into your own house ever again."

At this point, the older man was fuming, mumbling under his breath. Spencer let a sly grin cross his face, and made his way for the door. Before leaving the room, he turned on his heels, and added,

"Also third of all, I'm in the FBI, dumbass."

Leaving Mark dumbfounded, Spencer quickly left the room for the living room. Why the hell would you use the word dumbass? What has gotten into your head?! He thought. It was quite unlike him... despite being calm in appearance, there was this burning rage in every single word. Why? He'd faced worst people than cheaters or assholes...

"Sp-Spencer?"

The man quickly turned his head, surprised. There she was, in the corner of the living room. He hadn't seen her upon entering.

"Oh, Lilith."

Her face had a weird expression, her mouth half opened, as if she couldn't say something. Spencer understood.

"You saw that, didn't you?" He asked softly.

"Yeah, I did." She finally answered.

"I'm sorry, it was out of my plac-"

Takeshi, the father of Lilith, entered the living room, a little confused.

"Hey guys, is everything okay here? I was upstairs and I heard a loud crash..."

"Yep dad, we're all good. I just dropped something."

"Oh, okay. Also, Mark just told me he had to leave somewhere... do you guys know what's wrong with him?"

"No idea." The two answered synchronically, before exchanging a small smile.