$ O N E $

N.Y.C.
~
December 26th, 2018
Los Angeles, California
7 Days till New Years

Vera's P.O.V.

4:37 am.

My alarm has been ringing for the last seven minutes. I'm so exhausted that I can't even reach over to turn that contraption off.

Last night, Leilani and I went to a popular bar in town for Christmas. I came back home a bit tipsy while Lilly was wasted. It was hard to manage her on the way home since she was basically harassing the driver that I requested and everyone else on the way home.

I would feel bad for them, but half of Los Angeles is high and don't care anyway.

Burying my face into my pillow, I hear my bedroom doorknob rustle. Next thing I knew, a plastic water bottle was aimed at my head once the door slammed open.

"Ah, what the hell!" I exclaimed, rubbing my head. My head was already pounding.

I turn to see Lilly at my door wrapped in a fluffy white blanket while she looked at me as if she was interrupted in her sleep, which she probably was. Her hair was a poofy mess and her mascara all over her under eyes. Her vibrant grey eyes staring into my soul.

I wasn't scared though. Her grey eyes are so soothing to look into as if you're lost in outer space.

"What the hell, Vera!"

I turn to my side table to turn off my alarm.

Finally.

"It's too early! I just went to sleep!" She whines angrily as her eyebrows furrows.

She tends to sleep later than midnight. I don't know how she's still operating the next day with only getting a couple of hours of sleep. No one will never know.

"We have a plane to catch in a couple of hours. We have to get going anyways." I explain before yawning, getting up from my bed as goosebumps arise from my legs up to my arms from the cool temperature of the room.

"Why this early though?" Lilly asks, rolling her eyes.

I grab my phone from my bedside table to check the notifications I had gotten while I was asleep.

I glance towards Lilly with raised eyebrows. "The sooner we get there, the better?" I retort sarcastically.

She exhales rather exaggeratedly. "But like, that's not fair."

I roll my eyes before amusement was spreading across my face. "It is fair. Now let's go get ready, I'll see you downstairs in thirty." I grin as I patted her head, and walking toward my ensuite.

~
December 26th, 2018
Queens, New York
7 Days till New Years

Vera's P.O.V.

7 hours later. . .
11:57 am.

I walked out of the JFK airport, closing my eyes and breathing in the cold, freezing air of New York. I couldn't wait to be back home—The Upper Eastside.

I smell a little stench from my right side. I open my eyes to see Lilly already with a slice of New York's finest pizza in her tan colored hands.