$ T W E N T Y • S E V E N $

The Youthful Times
~
April 7th, 2019
Southampton, New York
Thirteenth Week Pregnant

Vera's P.O.V.

12:20 pm.

       I huffed as I stepped out of my father's office. The meeting had commenced around nine o'clock this morning and completed three hours later. I was exhausted from waking up prior to my usual time. The nauseous state had drained me to the core.

Would I stop working to my full potential though? No, never.

I peeped down at my phone as it began to ring. I accepted the call when I saw the caller ID revealed Lilly's name.

"Hey, where are you? You weren't in your room this morning." Lilly's voice filled my ears. I made my way to my bedroom before responding, "Had a meeting with my father. Just finished."

She hummed before hanging up. My eyebrows lightly pushed together before I felt an arm around my shoulder. I gasped and nearly hit the arm's owner until my eyes met Lilly's; I groaned. "What the hell, Lilly," I muttered as I tried to grasp my breath.

"My bad, Grandma. I didn't think me wrapping my arm around you would get you this out of breath." Lilly says as she tries to stifle her chuckle. I squinted my eyes at her before rolling them.

I sighed as we started walking back to the wing where our bedrooms resided. I yawned before Lilly gasped. "What? What's wrong?" I asked as I noticed Lilly's widened-eyes expression.

Her eyes were trained below. I glanced down where her eyes were set at and I found my belly. "It's noticeable now." Lilly murmured as I heeded the belly noticeably enlarged now.

One of my hand cupped my abdomen as my eyes began to moisten. "She's growing," I rustled before I saw one teardrop land on my stomach.

Lilly nodded as she sniffles.

Unfortunately, the gentle moment was cut short as my mind began to fill with thoughts of the media noticing my pregnant paunch. My breath hitched and Lilly seemed to notice. She pulled me into her embrace before whispering, "It's okay. We'll figure it out."

She constantly knew what I was thinking.

~
April 7th, 2019
Brooklyn, New York
Thirteenth Week Pregnant

Vera's P.O.V.

9:29 pm.

       Aleksander groaned as he leaned his against the seat. "Where are we going?"

I roll my eyes. "It's a surprise, idiot. I explained that the third time about half an hour ago." I clarified. "Trust me, it's going to be worth it," Lilly added as she looked at Xavier and Aleksander.

Aleksander huffs before crossing his arms. "My mom would've been freaking out if I didn't tell her I was sleeping over the last minute." He mumbled more to himself.

I hummed before checking my phone. I received a text from Norah that she and Luca would meet us at our destination before we sat into the sprinter. I checked the time and it was a bit half-past nine. I wanted to do something sort of a last-minute fun before Norah and Luca go back to Washington, D.C.