Needy

It was around noon now and you were sitting on the couch playing video games with your friend, Kyle. You sat in the middle of the couch, Kyle sat to your right, and Aki was sprawled out on your left side with his head in your lap and his arms wrapped protectively around your waist. Ever since Kyle had shown up that morning, Aki had been incredibly protective and needy. He didn't seem to like Kyle which made you a bit upset since he was a really good friend of yours and you wanted the two to get along.

Red and Blue lights flashed on the tv screen as you beet Kyle for the third time in a row.

"You're too good at this." He groaned as he set down his controller and got up from the couch.

"Are you leaving?" You asked as he started walking away.

"I'm just going to raid your kitchen. You can't get rid of me that easily after all. Do you want me to get you something?" You shook your head and watched as he disappeared around the corner.

"Master?" A small voice cried and you looked down to see Aki looking up at you with his big blue eyes. "Master, when is he leaving?"

"Don't call me master, Aki. Call me Y/N."

"Y/N, when is he leaving?"

"I don't know. He's my friend. He can stay as long as he wants and will probably still be here for a few more hours." This was not the answer Aki wanted as you heard him growl deeply in the back of his throat. (A/N Can cats growl? I don't know.) Just then Kyle appeared from within the kitchen with a bottle of soda in hand. He put the bottle down on the coffee table before slumping down on the couch next to you and picking up the controller.

"One more game? I'm sure I can beat you this time." He said confidently. You nodded as you picked up your own controller. The two of you played three more games before he finally managed to beat you and that was only because you went easy on him.

"Victory!" He yelled as he jumped up off the couch and did his goofy little victory dance. "Gaze upon the glow of a winner!" You laughed and did a little fake bow from your seat. After a few moments of basking in his victory, Kyle sat down next to you and wrapped his arm around your shoulder.

"I told you I would beat you." He said, but you didn't quite hear him because just then a loud hiss emanated from your lap and you looked down just in time to see Aki reach out and scratch Kyle on the arm.

"Aki! What the hell are you doing!?" You yelled as you pushed the cat boy off of your lap and fell sideways onto the floor. You leaned over towards Kyle to examine his arm where he had three long claw marks extending across the skin where fresh blood was beginning to pool to the surface.

"I'm fine, Y/N. I'm fine." Kyle said before you had the chance to freak out on him. "I guess I just scared him." You and Kyle looked towards Aki who had skulked out of the room and was sitting in the doorway to your bedroom with his ears folded down and his white tail twitching back and forth behind him.

"Stay here." You told Kyle as you got up and pushed yourself past Aki and went into your bedroom. You came back a few minutes later with a large first aid kit that you set down on the couch. You cleaned and wrapped Kyles wound while Aki sat watching you from the doorway. You knew that he was staring at you but didn't bother looking back on the account that you were pissed at him for hurting your friend.

After apologizing about a million times and bandaging Kyles wounds, he left and you were alone in the apartment with Aki.

"Y/N?" You heard him whimper from your bedroom doorway. You ignored him as you walked to the kitchen and began to prepare dinner. You couldn't believe he would do that. Grated you had only known Aki for about a day, but you still felt that he was a good person who wouldn't unnecessarily harm others. You were chopping vegetables when you felt something soft wrap around your leg and looked down to see Aki in the form of a small white cat rubbing himself affectionately against your legs. You couldn't help but smile as you looked down at the fluffy white thing. You picked the cat up and cradled it in your arms as it rubbed its head against your chest and neck.

"Promise me you won't ever do that again." You said. The cat meowed loudly in response as you set it down and watched as Aki appeared in his place. Aki wrapped his arms around your shoulders and cried into your neck as he apologized over and over again. You patted him on the back of the head until he calmed down enough to allow you to return to cooking dinner. Aki was a good guy. He just got a bit jealous was all. You sure that something like tht would never happen again.