Unanswered Calls

In the followings weeks Kyle came over to hang out a few more times and every time he did Aki would lock himself in your room and refuse to come out until the boy left. To be honest this was sort disappointing since you really liked Aki and Kyle was your best friend so you wanted the two to get along.

Aki pov.

I don't understand why Y/N spends all her time with that human boy. I bet I'm ten times more interesting. I am also cooler and more handsome but I guess Y/N doesn't care much for those type of things. She seems like the type who doesn't care much for appearances. What do I have to do to get her to look at me more. She is so precious and sweet. I want to be with her all the time. I need her but she seems as if she's fine without me. To prove my point I creak open the bedroom door and peer at the two in the living room. They are playing Y/N's favorite game, the one with the flashing lights and loud sound effects. They seem to be having fun as she has a big smile on her face. I feel my whole body visibly shudder from her smile. I hate that it's not reflected at me but I'll have to deal with that later. For now the problem is that boy. He is sticking way to close to my Y/N. I tried to scare him off the first time he came over but that just made Y/N upset. I never want to upset Y/N. I'll have to think of some other way to get rid of him.

Your Pov.

It has been a week since the last time Kyle came over and I have heard from him since. He is the clingy type who likes to call and text often but I haven't heard a peep from him at all. He also isn't answering any of my calls or texts which I am starting to find increasingly frustrating. Did I do something wrong? Is he mad at me? Aki see's the worry on my face and crawls up to sit next to me on the couch.

"Master, whats wrong?" he asks concerned as he wraps his arm around my shoulder and pushes me closer to his chest. He does this often and while I at first found the gesture uncomfortable I am now pretty much used to it.

"It's nothing." I mumble as I fiddle with the cellphone in my hands.

"It is not nothing, you are worried. Tell me what's wrong?" Aki insists. I sigh and give him as I lean in to rest my head on his shoulders, missing the deep blush that covers the boys cheeks. He brings his hand up to run his finger through my hair. I find the gesture calming and breath out a sigh of relief as I set the phone down on the table.

"It's Kyle. He's not talking to me." I say.

"You don't need him." Is Aki's immediate response. "He never deserved you anyway." There's a dark tinge in Aki's voice when he says he doesn't deserve you. You ignore it as the kitchen phone rings and you raise yourself up off him and meander your way towards the kitchen. Aki immediately hugs his arms around his chest as he tries to keep in the warmth you left there. He wouldve liked you to stay longer but he didnt want to push his luck and upset you. You walk into the kitchen and pick up the phone.

"Hello?"

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!?" Comes a loud voice from the other side of the speaker. You recognize it imediatly.

"Kyle? Is that you?"

"Of course it's me. You else would it be? Why arent you answering your cellphone?"

"You never called me." You say confused.

"Yes I did. I called you. I text you. I've been trying to reach you all week but you haven't been answer."

With the phone on my ear I rush over to pick up my cellphone and check the incoming messages. There is nothing there. Now that you think about it there are no calls or texts from anyone.

"I'm sorry Kyle but I never got your messages."

"Is your phone broken?"

"I guess it must be."

"Look, I'm coming over now. I'll take a look and maybe I can fix it."

"Thanks. I'll see you soon." You hang up the phone and turn to see Aki standing nervously in the doorway.

"Who was that?" He asks.

"Kyle. He's coming over now."

"Now?"

"Yes, now. Do me a favor and help me clean up." I say as I gesture to the huge mess in the kitchen left over from breakfast. Aki slinks over to stand next to me as I start handing him plates to dry.

"Aki?" I ask.

"Yes, Master."

"You didn't......do anything to my phone, right?"

"No. I don't know how to work a phone."

"So you havent been messing with it?"

"I am respectful of your things."

"Sorry, I didnt mean to accuse you or anything...."

"Its fine."

Aki pov.

Im sorry, Y/N. I dont want to lie to you but if I tell you the truth you'll get mad at me. That boy doesnt deserve to be friends with you. He doesnt need you like I do. I guess I'll have to fine some other way to break you two apart.