|| C h a p t e r 10 ||

"I was wondering when I was finally going to see you again," The Royaume Leader grinned maliciously. "You know you're losing right?" There was a brief silence.

  "So this is what you summoned me for? I thought that you wanted to come to an agreement of some sort."

  "What?" It was the Royaume Leader's turn to be surprised. "An agreement?" He laughed.

  "What do you want?"

  "Explain to me how you did it."

  "How I did what?"

  "How'd you resist all my attacks in the past! It's like you were always one step ahead of me. Was it Duana and Kishan?" The Royaume Leader snarled.

  "What!" The Royaume Leader laughed at the betrayal on the Resilient Leader's face.

  "And you call yourself a leader," He snickered. "You didn't even know!"

  "You're lying," The Resilient Leader said stubbornly.

  "Do I look like the type to play with one's feelings? I just don't care enough to." He rolled his eyes.

  "What happened to you?" The Resilient Leader growled. "I can't believe that we used to be best friends." The Royaume Leader used the same bitter tone.

  "Yeah? Well, neither can I. What was I thinking?"

  "You're the devil," The Resilient Leader snarled.

  "I could kill you right now, but I chose not to," The Royaume Leader laughed. "That's pretty angelic to me."

  "I'm resistant to Magic right now, so who are you fooling? You can't fight me one on one. You know I'll win."

  "I'm the Royaume King!" He screeched. "I can find a way to remove your resistance to Magic. I don't want to fight you. Don't you see? You're already losing. What's the point? Join me. We were once best friends. We can be that again." His eyes were kind and held the sense of longing.

  "Never!" The Resilient Leader snarled.

  "You never changed," The Royaume Leader sighed. "Still stubborn as ever. Suit yourself. But when I officially win this war," He called out, watching the Resilient Leader turn away. "The offer will no longer be on the table."

  "Leader," The Resilient Leader spoke up, tossing the words over his shoulder.

  "What?"

  "You said King. It's Leader."

  "You might as well give up!" A Royaume Warrior snickered whilst panting.

  "You might as well shut up!" I retorted. I punched her four times, hearing my name, I punched her once more, feeling the bone move slightly, I watched as she lay limp on the ground, eyes glassy.

  "Damakos, Damakos!" I turned around, seeing Duana's worried face.

  "What is it Duana?" I panted.

  "We're losing Damakos! There's too many of them!" I growled.

  "We won't give up!"

  "I'm so sorry," Duana whispered.

  "Sorry about what?" I breathed heavily. Duana glanced at me sadly before screaming a foreign incantation, my armour crumbling away, magic orbs removing the pieces one by one. I growled and Duana punched me with her left fist. I looked away, groaning, falling on the floor. I felt a sharp sting and I looked down to see a black handle sticking out of my stomach. I placed my fingers around the handle, blood staining my pale skin. I felt my breath become unsteady, eyes flitting shut.