|| C h a p t e r 11 ||

"That was absolutely exquisite!" Strallker beamed, looking up at Kaden. Archer grinned, nodding. Kaden sighed, his voice now booming.

  "Can someone get him away from me before I step on him 'by accident'?" Hr growled.

  "So, how's the weather up there Kaden?" Archer asked excitedly. "Any rain coming our way?" Tess and Strallker laughed along with Archer although Kaden was less than amused.

  "How's my fart smelling down there? Has it killed you yet?" Tess groaned alongside Strallker.

  "Okay, we seriously need to figure out how to get Kaden back to normal." Kaden nodded, agreeing with Tess.

  "So Archer, do you know if the potions are permanent or temporary?" Archer rolled his eyes.

  "Do I look like I got purple eyes and spiky hair?" He retorted.

  "I don't know about the eyes but your hair sure is doing something," Tess joked.

  "Shut up Tess."

  I watched as Caspian ran forward and snatched the Magical Staff from the Royaume Leader's weakening grip before smashing it to pieces. Caspian growled, tensing his fists, retreating to my side. "You're behind this? You released the foreign prisoners? You've been informing the Resilient Leader?" His voice was one of betrayal and anger. Caspian's voice rose and I have to admit it terrified me.

  "Yes!" He shouted. "Yes I did! And I'd do it again if I had to!" The Royaume Leader let out a scream of pure frustration.

  "How could you! You're a son to me Caspian!" I gasped silently, letting them play their parts.

  "You're a monster!" Caspian retaliated, shaking with fury. "You made me snap those people's necks!" The Royaume Leader rolled his eyes scathingly.

  "This again?" He hissed. "I was hardening you! Teaching you to become a real man! Your parents abandoned you! I was there! Me!" Caspian threw his hands up in disbelief.

  "You lied to me! You told me those innocent people were evil!" His voice shook as he finally let out all the pent up anger, the pent up pain. "You made me do unspeakable things! You knew I had no family and that I was vulnerable! You took advantage of that! You used me!" Caspian's voice, the one that always comforted me, the one that was always quiet and gentle, was now being projected through the entire room, full of emotion. I looked up at him with shock and sadness.

"You loved it!" The Royaume Leader shouted back. I was taken aback. "You snapped those necks and you loved watching the lives left out of those bodies! You think that I'm a monster? Then what the hell does that make you!" That must have been the last straw for Caspian. He punched the Royaume Leader so hard that his glasses flew right off.

"Wait a minute," I whispered. "His eyes aren't purple!" I glanced at them, realising that they were Periwinkle. Just like my mother's. Although they had the same creased edge around the eyes just like... Oh. Good Heavens, no. "Father?" Gasps were heard around the room, Caspian took a step back, purple eyes wide with horror. The Commander gaped at the former King.

"What! That's impossible!" The Royaume King whispered.

"What's going on here?" The Resilient Leader asked, walking inside the room, noting all our frozen statue-like bodies. "Are you still in shock we have defeated you?" The Resilient Leader sneered. I began to cry.

"You look so much like Adair... your mother. This can't be..." He put his head in his hands and groaned, crumpling to the floor.

"What in the world is going on here!" Caspian yelled in confusion and terror. "Are you her father?"