Chapter Twenty Two: Plan

This lovely cover was made by the awesome regon23

*****

Chapter Twenty Two: Plan

I rub my eyebrow. "Okay, what about your cousin on your Mom's side? Parker? And his wife, right? Madison."

"Girlfriend. Parker is only twenty two, and yeah, they can be invited."

I write their names down.

"And what about your cousin Brecklyn and her husband Jared? On your Dad's side? The one that lives in Kentucky?

"Yeah. She has a baby though."

"That's fine. What's the babys name?"

"Caleb."

I write their names down.

"And then obviously Megan, Jackson, Christian...what about Will?"

"I think he cheated on her or something. I don't know, they broke up."

"Alright."

I write down their names but not Will.

"Do you want any friends from work?"

"Yeah um, Michael, Josh, Frank, and my manager Brandon...oh and Lauren, Grant, Noah, Ryan, and Quinton."

I write those names down.

"What about you?" Danny asks, sitting down next to me.

"I'll invite my manager Karen and Casey...and then Olivia and Rosalie."

"Okay. And your family?"

"Um, my Dad's parents, Aunt Vickie and Uncle Jerry, obviously, Abby, Uncle Ryan and Aunt Denise and then my cousin Henry."

"Are you sure you don't want anybody from your Mom's side?"

"I just don't want to think about him. Between my two horrible parents, my Dad is the one I love and miss the most...so." I shrug.

"Alright." He says. "And what about some people from college?"

"Oh yeah, Roxy for sure, and Marcus and Cody." I pause. "And Kyle and Miley of course."

"Okay, anybody else?"

I study the list of all Danny's family and the family I'm inviting.

"Not that I know of. Is there anybody else you want there?"

"Uh, you're not on the list." He frowns. I laugh.

"I don't have to be on the list Danny, I'm the bride."

"Well my whole family knows that we're getting married now, so we should probably call my cousins and ask them to join the wedding party."

"Alright." I nod.

Abby looks a little skeptical and I know she's not okay.

Ever since the engagement, she's been acting...weird.

She gets jumpy around Danny, snappier. She was the one who put the whole cheating idea in my head.

I think she's just expecting him to leave me at the altar.

Danny pulls out his phone.

"Will you go with me to take Pepper out?" I ask, glancing at the window. It's pitch black outside and after last night, I don't want to go anywhere alone.