Chapter 3

Please check out the song above. I think it for a perfect with this story!

************

  Baylee listened to the radio as she made her way to the reservation that she grew up on. Baylee kept glancing down the the tribal tattoo on her shoulder that she got when she was fifteen. It made her wonder if the boys still phased or if they had stopped after she left.

Baylee closed her eyes trying to get the tears to leave. Last time she had been in La Push, all hell had broke lose. And she didn't know if she was ready to rehash old memories.

Baylee pulled over when the emotions finally became too much for her to handle. Baylee sighed as he pulled out Jacobs class ring from the box in her purse. It was almost funny to her that she kept this thing for all these years. She smiled at the memory. The beautiful red stone, with the wolf on the side. Baylee still remebered what he said.

"Baylee Anne Newman. I love you so much. And I know this isn't the way you wanted to be proposed to. But I'm high school ring will have to do. Till I can't buy you a wedding band. I hope I can make you happy. I promise to love you and our unborn child forever. Will you marry me?"

Baylee let out a gasp as her crying became more heavy. "I miss the future I was supposed to have with you." She mumbled.

It was true. Baylee uad been expecting Jacobs baby when they were married. When Baylee was seven months pregnant she lost the baby. It was only a couple of weeks later Baylee caught Jacob cheating on her. When she had told her family her mothers exact words were. "Its your own fault. You pushed Jacob away from you. You caused him to cheat on you." After that Baylee packed her bags and never looked back.

Baylee sighed as she looked at the class ring Jacob used to propose to her with, and the ring Peter used. Baylee realized how much she missed the simple life. When she was happy with a class ring as her wedding ring. And a small shack as her house. Baylee quickly stuck the class ring back into her purse.

Baylee pulled thr necklace around her neck to have a look at the beautiful wooden wolf print necklace

Baylee pulled thr necklace around her neck to have a look at the beautiful wooden wolf print necklace. She couldn't believe that she had kept this all these years as well. She was then when Jacob had given it to her. And every time she thought about throwing it out, she came up with the same excuse she always did.  "Jacob gave this to me when I was ten. We weren't even dating. So it doesn't count as a couple gift. Plus it a wolf print. Thats part of my heritage. It keeps me tied to La Push and my history."

Peter never understood her Quilute heritage. He just thought it was all rubbish. Especially the tribal tattoo Baylee had. He always said that it was a tribal tattoo, and she had left the tribe, so she needed to get it removed.

But Baylee couldn't. Being a Quilute was who she was. And she felt if she got rid of the stuff that made her a Quilute, then she was forgetting her past. She would be forgetting herself.

That was part of Baylee's problem. She couldn't let go of the past, and what she used to have.