Chapter 8

Baylee got up and got dressed. She couldn't help but feel broken as she thought about today. It had been five years since the world and her happiness came crashing down on top of her.

Baylee had Completly forgotten to text Peter, to tell him she had made it to La Push safely

Baylee had Completly forgotten to text Peter, to tell him she had made it to La Push safely. And she had turned her phone off when she had woken up this morning. She just wanted to be able to grieve the death of her daughter, with no one to bother her.

Baylee then walked to Jacobs house, where he was waiting for her on the porch. Jake got off the porch and walked over to his wife, and new imprint. He then wrapped her in a tight hug. And for once Baylee didn't object to Jacob touching her. Baylee hugged Jacob closer to her. Letting out a shakey breath as she tried to keep her emotions in check.

"Lets go see our daughter." Jacob whispered as he led Baylee to his old car, and opened the door for her.

Baylee was silent as she looked out the window remembering the day that her daughter left the world. Jacob reached over and grabbed her hand, gently squeezing it.

Jake pulled up the the cemetery where Spencer and Lillete had been put to rest right next to each other. Jacob walked to the other side of the car where he opened the door for Baylee. He took her hand with one arm, and in another he had a bouquet of flowers and a small white teddy bear with a pink nose. Slowly the young couple walked up to where their precious baby girl had been buried.

Lillete Marie Black
May 5 2013
Our little Angel too beautiful for earth

"Hi baby girl." Baylee whispered as she kneeled down on the grass next to the grave. "I'm sorry I haven't been here in a while. But I'm here now." Baylee tried to wipe the tears that were now falling down her face. "Mama is sorry. And she loves you. I love you so much Lillete, that it kills me that you are not here with me. Happy birthday my sweet princess."

Baylee then looked over to where her older brother was buried.

Spencer Micheal Newman
July 4 1993 to March 9 2012
Heaven needed our hero

"Hi big brother." Baylee whispered. "Thanks for watching out for my baby girl. I owe you one when I see you again. I love ya Spence."

Jacob now sat by Lillete grave where he talked to her as well. "If you were here, no doubt we would be eating ice cream for all three meals. Cause that's just how your old man rolled. You would be spoiled rotten, anything you wanted you would have. Because you were daddy's girl. My sweet baby girl. I hope Uncle Spencer gives you the best fifth birthday ever."

Baylee then laid her head on Jacobs shoulder as the sat in between Spencer and Lillete grave. And for just a small moment in time, they were a family again.

*********
Baylee was silent the whole car ride back home. When Jacob pulled into the driveway he turned and looked at his wife. "I hate when you are this quiet. What are you thinking?" Jacob asked her.

"That I'm a murder. That I murdered my own baby." Baylee muttered.

Jacob sighed. "Bay, that was an accident. It could have happened to anyone."

"And it just happened to have happened to us." Baylee shook her head refusing to look a Jacob. "I should have watched where a stepped."

"Baylee, the doctor said that Lillete had her oxygen cut off. It was tied in a knot. She wasn't doing good before the accident. Please stop blaming yourself, it was an accident."

"I wish it would have been me." Baylee whispered. This caused Jacob to worry. Losing his daughter had been killer. But losing the women that he had just imprinted on, and was falling back in love with, would literally kill him. "No mother should have to bury a child. And I had to bury my brother and daughter within a year of each other."

Jacob went to interpret, but Baylee continued. "I gave up everything to be a mother. And I would do it all again just to hold her in my arms. To hear her cry, or laugh, or to teach her to tie her shoes." Baylee took a shaky breath and the continued. "Nobody thought I could be a mother. I remember all the looks I got as I carried our unborn child. But after we lost her, those looks got worse. My own grandmother said that she knew that I wasn't cut out for motherhood. Here, I had just lost my daughter, and my own grandmother said it was my fault."

Baylee looked at Jacob for the first time. "No wonder why you hated me."

This caught Jacob off guard as he looked at his true love. "Baylee, I didnt hate you. I wasnt mad at you either."

"I still hate myself for what I did." Baylee said. Jacob couldn't believe what he was hearing. "I don't blame you for cheating on me. You probably couldn't love the monster thst killed your baby."

"Baylee stop!" Jacob snapped. "Just shut up for a second and let me talk." He told her. Jacob looked into Baylee's eyes fiercely. "I loved you before we had a baby. I loved you after. And I love you today. Not for a second did I ever stop loving you. I cheated, because I was a stupid kid that was grieving, and it was the worse mistake I ever made. Because it drove the girl I loved away. Now stop blaming yourself for what happened. Because that was not your fault. Please forgive yourself, cause I can't watch you like this anymore."

Jacob then leaned in to kiss Baylee. Only to have her push him away. "I cant do this." She whispered. "Please Jake. Just sign the papers so I can go home."

And with that Baylee got out of the car amd walked away.

Jake sighed. "So that's what it feels like to have your heart broke." He mumbled.