Extras - "Chapter 4.5"

In a barren land...

"Sleep?! That's all you want?! Just lounging around somewhere, not minding about anything at all?!" Draiz said.

"Yes. It's why I came here in the first place. I was looking for a place to rest, and then I bumped into you." literally. I thought.

"Then... then... if that's all you want, then... can you stay here with me?!"

"Ehh?"

"I want you to stay here with me! I want you see me my wings grow! I want you to look after me! I want you to be my guardian!"

What a stubborn brat. He obviously hasn't gained independence yet. I guess his brother spoiled him, or something. But, in this case, I guess I shouldn't really mind, considering the fact that he's giving me a generous offer. And looking for a place on my own is already a pain just thinking about it.

"You want me to stay here with you, right? Sure. I'll gladly stay here."

"You will?! ALL-...Right!!"

And just like that, I've found a place for me to stay. Along with a friend for company.

------------------------------------------

Inside a cave...

"Say, what's your name?"Draiz asked me that before I slept. Even though I was still awake at that time, I pretended to be asleep so I wouldn't answer his question. It was because... I couldn't answer his question!

I can't say my real name to him. It doesn't sound like a dragon's name, at all. Until I can come up with some name to tell him, I am not waking up. I'll think it over in my sleep. I'm not waking up until I can think of some name, any name. "Hmm.................."

Few hrs. later...

*yawn* I gave it too much thought and ended up sleeping before I could even decide on a name. Now, this kid will surely pester me on about it. Hmm? Draiz? I looked all around me, and he's nowhere to be found. Where is he? *snore*  Hmm? Did I hear someone snore? It came from below me. I looked down to see that Draiz was peacefully snuggling right next to me. He's still asleep, it seems. Perfect. Now, I can go back to sleep too.

"... Brutaz....."

Hmm? What? Did Draiz just say something? Brutaz? Is that like, his brother's name? Are dragon names that unknown to me? What does Brutaz mean? What language is it? And what's with dragon names and 'z'?

As I was thinking of stuff like that, Draiz cuddled in closer and hugged me. I guess he misses his brother, then. Hmm... okay... I've decided.

Few more hrs. later...

"Hey, wake up! Wake up!" Draiz said as he jumped at me and shot fire on my belly. It didn't hurt, but, I still felt the heat and it woke me up.

"Hmm........... what's with you all of a sudden? Shooting fire at me like that..... Hmm................" It was still night time, after all.

"Come on, wake up! I wanna show you something! Come out, right now!"

"Huh? Show me what?"

Not wanting the little dragon to get any more annoying than he already is, I get up from sleep and followed him out of the cave.

"See that? See that?" Draiz said with uncontrollable excitement.

"Huh? What is i-..."

My mouth went agasp. I looked up in the clear skies and see stars that were of different color sparkling everywhere. Not only that, but there were a bunch of shooting stars all around the sky.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Draiz said.

"Yeah. It's something, alright."

"I used to watch this with my brother, before.... before... before he....." Draiz tried to hide the tears that were already flowing from his eyes. "Will you stay here with me? I promise I won't be a burden! I'll train really hard so I can become strong enough to take care of myself one day!"

What? Train? No one said anything to me about training some kid. But... I'll let it go this time.

"Sure, kid. You got yourself a deal."

"Really?! Yes! I can't wait!"

Draiz sure knows how to express his excitement so openly like that. I then decided that it was the perfect time to say it. And so... with a smile on my face.

"Arufaz..."

"Hmm?"

"You can call me... Arufaz."

--------------------------------------------

In a forest...

"Arufaz! I caught something! Let's eat it!" Draiz said, carrying a corpse of what seems to be some sort of... bunny? Or what's already left of it.

Back inside the cave...

That bunny-like thing that Draiz caught wasn't really satisfying enough for me. I guess it was probably because the only part left of it for me was a piece of its leg! It felt more like a snack than a meal. I don't feel full, at all.

"Say, Arufaz... what kind of dragon are you?"

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"I meant what 'type' of dragon are you? I'm a storm dragon, which means I have the power to create out-of-this-world typhoons and wild weather conditions."

"What? Really? You can do that? Then, how come you can shoot fire?"

"Huh? Every dragon can shoot fire. Unless you're a water, or an ice dragon... how do you not know these things? These are basic dragon 101."

"Ehh? Well, that's because... uhh... oh yeah, what kind of dragon is your brother?" I changed the subject since it felt one-sided to me. I wasn't born here, after all, how could I possibly know about such things...

"My brother is a sand dragon. He can shift and control sand and ash however he wants. It's how he was able to cause such a massive destruction and turn this place into a completely new landscape all on his own!" Draiz said with a smile in his face.

He really loves and admire his brother a lot.

"Since you have black scales, you're probably a dark, or... a shadow dragon... or something... no one told me what any of those dragons can do yet, so I have absolutely no idea which kind you are." Draiz said obliviously, and I try my best to hide my shame. Darn it... if only I could tell you... I have no idea myself too...

Without any idea of what kind of being he is, our MC continues his daily life as a dragon, whilst training a young fledgling named Draiz. Currently in the dark about his true identity, our MC lives on with his life as a dragon.

Look forward for the next arc and the next chapter! "Adventurers"

___________________________

(Author's Note:

School has arrived! I fear this story may either become a weekly or a monthly, since the largest hindrance of my life(though it depends... if I were a student, school is my largest hindrance... if I were employed, work is my largest hindrance...) has opened to me the door to everlasting suffering!! *tears* Since school has begun to get in my way(like always), chapters beyond this point will probably be poorly written or felt rushed, or something... but, I can't help it... my life is in shambles..... *more tears* whether you readers continue to stick with the story, or decide to drop it, it's all totally up to you... but, that still won't stop me from trying to find even the tiniest bit of free time to continue on writing my chapters! I'll try my best to publish them at a regular basis. That is to say, unless something happens that would either delay, or halt that regularity... -_-'

Anyways... thnx for reading! ^_^)