Ch 10: Worst Party Ever

A/N: Evies dress for the balllll!

~~
Evangeline POV:

Two girls in one car for a 24 hour rode trip.

So. Many. Pitstops.

But Mel was having fun. We were filling up our Insta's and Snap stories with random shit and carpool karaoke.

It was fun.

A day away from my pack, just me and Mel on an open road driving to her future and the death of mine.

Singing Taylor Swift songs with no shame.

Time where we can be dweebs dorks and queens all at once.

And we got our nails done and our feet chewed on by tiny fish.

Not something I want to do ever again.

But hey we did it once and now my feet are soft and my many pedi is the most fabulous black.

"Hey.." I murdered from my bed in our shared hotel room.

We both knew one of us -me- was for sure not coming back and it was less expensive this way.

Melody peaked her head out of the bathroom, "yeah Evie?"

I nearly laughed at the ridiculous towel on her head and the mask on her face, "I just wanted to wish you good luck tonight."

"Right back at yah! I hope tonight is perfect for us both."

"You falling in love and me avoiding it?"

"Yup."

I shot her a thumbs up, "right on."

She giggled, "give me half an hour then we can start my makeup and hair."

"Ill do mine while I'm waiting."

"Perf. Your so amazing Evie what would I do without you?"

"Die slowly."

She threw a pillow at me.

I laughed, "alright alright you would just do all this yourself."

"Way less fun."

Agreed.

~~

"Why are you so pretty you bitch?"

I laughed a bit, green eyes flashing in the mirror, "Mel, I'm not that pretty "

She just scoffed, rolling her perfectly line eyes, "yes because everyone looks like a willowy moon goddess with emeralds for eyes and a ridiculously perfect pair of tits and ass."

I rolled my eyes, "your short for a wolf but your at least built like one. And at least your wolf form correlates with your actual size."

She cringed a bit, we both knew my wolf forms shortcomings was a sore spot for me.

It certainly has never helped in my life.

Theres no point in being an alpha's daughter and have a black coat if your size screams weakness.

Its all an uphill battle.

I have heard it all.

My coat was a mistake, I was malnourished as a child, or I'm really a runt.

Eventually I proved most of them wrong, the rest had to be okay with it because my mate was their savior.

Its going to make it even harder to challenge them all.

"Okay." I sighed, "maybe I am gorgeous."

She giggled, "now show me your dress and I'll show you mine!"

We spent the next 20 minuets gushing over each other's dress, Mel of course went with this insanely gorgeous blush A line than I knew would look amazing on her.

As for me...

She laughed, "holy crap I knew it. That dress is amazing! You are going to be like this dark seductress in a rook full of hopeless romantics."

I smiled, taking it out of the dress bag, "I love it. At least one thing tonight wont blow."

She stepped up to help zip me in, "What about later when you find a gu-"

"Then I'm definitely going to blow."

She paused, "Ew Evie."

"Hey! You know when you need tips you're calling me first."

"Well duh."

I laughed as she gushed even more over me and I zipped her in her own dress, "ready to find your soul mate Mel?"

"No. But if it happens I'm sure he will comfort me when I cry after being separated from you."

I slapped her shoulder, "shut up Mel, I'm supposed to be the depressing one."

She giggled and grabbed her purse. "You brought condoms right? You need to be safe."

I pulled a handful out of my cleavage.

"Put them in your pure you animal."

"Im on birth control anyways and we dont get STD's so. They are kind of pointless."

"No. Its extra safe."

"Whateverrr." I grinned, "I'll put them in my bag but no promises I wont forget about them when he starts ripping my dress off."

"Do not let him ruin your dress."

"Yeah yeah whatever."

"Evie."

I sighed, "finneee."

"Good! Now lets go party our asses off!"

~~

"This is the worst party ever." I deadpanned sipping my stolen champagne.

They actually check ID at the bar. At an event where we are all here to tie ourself down to one person for the rest of our lives. We cant drink unless we are 21.

Mel frowned at me, "the music isn't bad."

"Everyones just...."

"Anxious?"

"Yeah, how am I gonna find a fuck buddy with this shit?"

"They are here for mates, give them some time to try and find them. The ones who don't will probably drink a bunch and thats when you get your pick."

I hummed, scanning the huge ballroom filled with werewolves.

It was an ocean of tuxedos and brightly colored gowns. Colored tags symbolizing what pack each wolf flashing on occasion.

Melodys own blue one was pinned to her with her name in elegant gold letters.

She was gonna attach it to her bag.

I told her tits all the way so her mate would see it for sure.

I took mine and immediately crushed it and threw it away.

Like hell I want my one nighter to know who I am and where I'm from.

"Shouldn't we try and find the alphas here? Your dad asked you to pass on his hellos right?"

He did. But I don't feel like searching for alpha energy, "yeah. Im not doing that. Waste of time." I grabbed her hand. "Let's dance."