Ch 11: Snuff it or Shove it

Evangeline POV:

A few wolves I have seen find their mates. They all look happy as shit.

Its making Mel depressed.

Its been a few hours and nothing. She's overthinking again. "Hey.." I nudged her, "how about you go walk the floor and look around, I think I'm intimidating everyone or something. I'll go steal some booze and be on the prowl for a potential fuck."

She smiled up at me, "okay. Thanks Evie don't get into too much trouble."

"Thats like asking a shark to stop swimming."

"Evie."

"Fine."

With a backward wave I was off.

Honestly I wasn't going to prowl for potential fucks. I already saw a few and made a mental list for later in the night.

But what I was going do do was steal some booze and find a nice quiet place to breathe.

For the past hour I have felt like total shit. Lightheaded and antsy.

I just needed out of the ballroom for a while and I wasn't going to drag Melody out and make her sit with me when she could be looking for her mate.

Nothing an entire bottle of wine or scotch or tequila or well... anything couldn't fix. Honestly, I'm really not picky when I'm aiming to get wasted.

And tonight thats all I want, so as I slipped past the bar I grabbed the nearest bottle while the bartender was distracted, and headed for a random door.

...which led into a hallway.

Well its not exactly fresh air but it will do.

I glanced at my bottle and kept walking, whip cream vodka.

Alright then, not the best option but it will have to do.

I cracked open the bottle and took a swig.

Hate flavored vodka.

But whip cream is better than cherry.

I wondered further down the hall, not really sure where I was going and not really caring.

Well I didn't until I smelled cigarette smoke. That shit makes me nauseous when I'm drunk.

But fuck it, this is my hiding hall.

I walked toward it "HEY WHOEVER YOU ARE SNUFF IT OR SHOV-"

I cut myself off when I rounded the corner a wave of energy hit me.

Ah shit I was just telling an Alpha to shove it. If dad finds out he's going to be pissed. "Shit."

The alpha didn't even spare me a glance, blowing out smoke, "snuff it or what little girl."

I narrowed my eyes at him, heart picking up. Don't know what pack he runs, don't care, no one calls me a little girl. "Snuff it," I snarled, "or shove it."

Silence consumed the space between us, broken only by his low growl.

And then the sound of my back hitting the wall, my eyes locked on a barrel of a chest.

Nice tux douchebag.

We stayed like that, him growling at me, me staring at his chest debating breaking the vodka bottle over his head.

But then I noticed his lovely grey badge.

Well shit "Alpha Lelantos." I chirped pleasantly.

"Little. Girl." He growled back.

I grit my teeth.

It may not be wise to look an alpha in the eyes unless otherwise instructed.

But mine flew right up to meet his gaze in an angry glare.

We both froze.

His grip on my neck loosened, brows furrowing as he took me in. "You..."

"Oh shit."

His hand dropped from my neck to my shoulder, stroking my collarbone, other one going to the bottle in my hand, removing it from my grip with ease. "It seems you have been up to no good little mate."

And now I was fucking soaked by the growl in his tone.

Great. Just great.

"Is this a habit of yours? Sneaking off with crappy alcohol and confronting strange men who could easily rip you in two?"

Slowly a sly smile crept over my features.

It may be all the alcohol I have consumed tonight that made my next idea seem smart, but....

It looks like I have found my man for the night. "As a matter of fact I do..." I traced is tuxedos lapels with my fingertips, "but that is a topic for another time." Like never. "For now, how about you and I go somewhere very quiet and get to know one another very well Alpha Lelantos?"

"Asmos." He growl out, pulling me flush against him, "you, little mate can call me Asmos. Did you have a place in mind?"

Well I sure as hell wasn't bringing him back to the room.

But I did pass a ladies room on the way here. And honestly being this close to him, to the woodsy scent of him is making me impatient and uncomfortably horny. "As a mater of fact Asmos, I think I do."

~~
Asmos POV:

I didn't want to attend the Lunar ball, but I have quite a few unmated pack members that were becoming restless.

If the pack signs up, all unmated wolves of age must go.

A rule I wouldn't hesitate to break if it didn't mean I could see what was happening with several other alpha's while they are distracted looking for their mates.

Plus the assumption that my mate would be at such a ridiculously frivolous event amongst these stupidly optimistic girls was ridiculous.

Until the girl in the black gown with smirking black lips appeared in the hall and told me to... snuff it or shove it.

I was going to rip her to shreds for her disrespect before her emerald eyed gaze burned into mine and everything in me just stopped.

My inner wolf went from snarling to prowling when the black haired vixen of a woman blatantly propositioned me.

I had no need for a mate. They were a weakness, but this little spitfire may be interesting for a while.

If she doesn't work out I could always just rid myself of her.

I allowed her to slip a hand in mine and lead me down the hall.

I had a feeling the sway of her full hips was nothing but absolute disaster.

She looked over her shoulder at me, inky black lips parting in a smile, "Asmos...I hope your not shy."

I nearly scoffed at her.

That mischievous little grin grew as she stopped in front of the women's room. "Good. Because we're probably going to get caught."

Without another word she pushed open the door and walked inside.