Ch 40: The Game is Over

Asmos POV:

Evie really did know they pack like the back of her hand.

And she walked through it like she owned it. As if she were an alpha.

Thinking back on it, Evie had always displayed certain alpha personality traits.

Perhaps after her brothers death she had to take on some of his roles. Afterall unless her parents had another son, her mate would lead their pack.

But someone doesn't simply acquire alpha personality traits.

She was born with it.

The members of her pack looked at her strangely though. It was a mix of respect, hope, and distaste varying from person to person.

Disgust primarily in female wolves.

I had a feeling it had to do with her rather open sexuality, undoubtedly Evie had had someones mate before they met him along the line.

Or perhaps it was the knowledge she could.

I may not be overly fond of her personality but I am not blind, I know a stunning woman when I see one. Evie was beautiful and powerful a she wolf with the figure of human swimsuit models.

Wolves are lean creatures, all muscle, their human forms rarely different. Her lithe figures was powerful but uncommonly sensual.

Personality I had never been with a she wolf quite like Evie, more attracted to powerful women than I would be to softer ones.

I would likely break a softer one.

She certainly wasn't though, that much was obvious.

The people we passed were to afraid of me to pay us any mind.

If they had, they easily would have noticed our mixed scents.

I know one she wolf with striking deep brown eyes and dark hair did, her gaze narrowing on Evie as we walked by that same little cafe I noticed her scent on. "Evangeline..." she practically spat. "Who's your new friend. Someone your father knows? A bit risky isn't it?"

She knew I was an alpha. She simply hated my mate enough to not give a fuck about the disrespect.

Both Evie and I growled. The fiery girl beside me flipping her hair, "watch who you're r talking to Kallie."

She turned to me with all the formality expected she show a visiting alpha, "I am sorry Alpha Lelantos. Some wolves unfortunately don't know their place, I am sure you understand."

I eyed the suddenly worried bitch of a girl over Evies head, "I cannot say I do, I tend to rid my pack of those who don't before they get loud."

Evie's lips quirked up as the other girl seemed to shrink even further.

I gestured to Evie, "I think I have seen enough of the pack now."

She nodded and started back toward the main house.

When we were out of sight I looked over at her, "she deeply dislikes you."