Chapter 9 | Blushing

'Take a look in the mirror
And what do you see
Do you see it clearer
Or are you deceived
In what you believe'

(^ν^)

A c e

When Ray passed out in my arms, I quickly picked her up, instructing Blake and Rob to handle the foster parents for now.

The only thing my mind could get clear was that Ray is hurt and I have to get her into the clinic.

My heart felt like it would get ripped out of my chest if it beat another beat.

When the worker took Ray in, i sat down and put my head in my hands thinking about my decisions and eventually ended up blaming myself for everything that's happened.

R a y

I woke up with a throbbing head, and realize I'm in Ace's bed since I've cleaned it countless of times.

I look around, panicked of what got me here and see Ace sleeping in the chair with a stubble of a beard.

"Ace?" As soon as he heard his name, his eyes snap open and go wide.

"You're really talking? It's not just me imagining it this time?" He goes forward to touch my cheek, sliding his thumb down to my lips and quickly pulls away.

"Holy Mother of cheese, you're awake! Here, drink water," he rushes giving me the bottle as I chug all of it down with tons of weird medicine I was too dizzy to see.

"How long have I been asleep for?"

"About five days I think."

"Huh, it hasn't been that long for you to go crazy King, has it," i raise my eyebrows teasingly.

"I missed your sarcastic comments bird," he smiles at me and i laugh, which was a bad idea cause suddenly I'm choking on air.

"Fu—" I cover what he says with a cough. "Shi—" another cough. "Okay hang on!"

He picks me up, puts me on his lap and burps me like a baby causing me to look at him with a disgusted look while I'm wheezing for air.

"No more laughing I guess," I say in between laughs and coughs.

We look at each other and burst out laughing, this time normally.

"I'm sorry I worried you," i say in a low voice after we finished laughing at the situation.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there sooner, I do hate myself for breaking my promise of not letting you get hurt," he looked guilty.

"Well, don't. It's not like it's the first time anyway," I offer a smile but the frown on his face stays on.

After two minutes of just staring at each other's eyes, I finally decide to go for it.

"I-I really like you Ace, m-more than just a friend and it's scary because I don't understand it yet which freaks me out and makes me want to curl in a ball," I get cut off by Ace's laugh which always gives me goosebumps.

"I really like you too Ray," he says, me still on his lap.

"So you're my boyfriend now or are you supposed to go all out when you ask me? Because I just prefer a normal question instead of a maze just for me to know we're dating," I shrug.

"You talk a lot when you're nervous," Ace laughs and clears his throat.

"Do you, Ray Griffin, take me, Ace King, to be your lawfully dated boyfriend?"

I giggle at that and stop myself from laughing at how cute he's being.

"I do," he smiles.

"Now, may I kiss my girlfriend?" He said, looking at my lips and already leaning in.

When our lips are an inch away from each other, I say in a soft voice, "you may."

The second our lips touched, i felt butterflies explode in my stomach which sounds stupid, but it was the best feeling ever. His lips were soft and knew what to do while I followed his movement granted this is my first kiss.

His hands went to my waist to tug me closer, even though we're basically chest to chest, while my hand immediately went to his hair to tug and play with it and the other to his neck.

The once slow and steady kiss started to turn fast and sexual which I couldn't handle since it was already hard for me to breathe so I pulled away.

He rested his forehead on mine while we both caught our breath. I looked at him from under my lashes while he cupped my cheek and pecked my lips one more time before pulling away.

"Gosh Bird, you're going to be the death of me one day," he leans on his arm, his hair messy from my doing and his lips are swollen just a bit.

I didn't know what to say so instead I looked away and felt my face heat up by a lot, and I checked for a fever.

"What are you doing?"

"My face feels hot, I don't want you to get sick because of me."

He laughed at me and gently moved my chin towards him, both our eyes flicking down to the lip area and back to the eyes, and says with a smile,

"You're blushing bird."