Chapter 25 | Bromance

Longest chapter yet

'Christmas is here
Brining good cheer
To young and old
Meek and bold'

_(:3 」∠)_

A c e

"-and that is why water is in fact not wet," Ray finishes her presentation with a proud smile, laying on the bed under the covers.

"I really didn't ask, but that was impressive," I give a loving smile. She smiles widely, gets her sweater from the floor and starts getting dressed shyly.

Taking that as my cue to leave so I don't ravish her there and then, I exit the room already fully dressed since I woke up before her.

As I wait for Jerry, my spy, to get me the information I need, I sit there and analyze everything that went down yesterday.

It was clear that whoever was keeping an eye on Ray was doing it on purpose. Even on the way back, I kept noticing a glare on the car's mirrors. Who would want to take her from me? I have too many enemies to pin point.

"Lose the serious face," I feel a pinch on my cheek followed by a gentle kiss.

I see Ray wearing my red sweater, leggings and green socks with wet hair smiling at me.

"Merry Christmas beautiful," I say softly, smiling at my golden prize.

"Merry Christmas," she smiles from her eyes, looking truly excited.

It was comfortable silence before a loud knock on the door. We both look at each other weird before we hear an annoying voice I regret letting into my life.

"I'll get it," I sigh and get up while she looks as if saying 'don't kill him'.

"Happy Hanukkah!" Blake yells and pops confetti the second I open the door.

He smiles wider at my annoyed face and pats my back whispering, "I'm not cleaning that," on his way in the house.

I debate whether I should end his life or wait a couple more years and follow him into the house as he hugs Ray enthusiastically. It bothers me to see them so easy going together, but I'm glad Ray doesn't have her episodes whenever she touches anyone.

"I thought you'll meet us at the guest house!" She exclaims.

"Thought I'd surprise you! Plus it would've been awkward if I showed you your present in front of everyone when I didn't get anyone else anything," Blake flops on the couch and only then do I notice the five bags he's carrying.

"You really didn't have to," Ray awes.

"Whatever," I mutter and pull Ray into my lap as I sit on the couch.

While he was explaining the gifts to her, I couldn't pay attention to anything but her. How her hair falls perfectly on her shoulder, how my sweater is too big for her so it falls down her shoulders.

I also didn't know how to tell her I found her real parents. It was much harder than I thought it would be since her dad now goes by another name and her mother is dead.

"Ace?" I snap out of my thoughts when I hear my name being called.

"Yes?"

"Blake got you something too babe," she looks at me concerned.