Chapter 14 | First snow, first date

'I can fake a smile
I can force a laugh
I can dance and play the part
If that's what you ask'

'I can fake a smileI can force a laughI can dance and play the partIf that's what you ask'

*

For the first time in a while, I had no dream. Not a nightmare, a memory, not even a good dream. So when I felt the sunlight on my face, I didn't want to wake up just yet.

But when a felt feather kisses all over my face from the familiar lips, I giggled and tried to push him away.

"Let me sleep human," my eyes remain closed.

"Are you sure you want to miss the first snow?" My eyes snap open when he says that.

"If you're lying to me, you're a horrible human being," I try to sound threatening.

"Good morning to you too bird," he snuggles into my neck and I let out a content sigh.

"Let's go see the snow," I get up, put on Ace's robe for extra warmth over my clothes.

"I'm starting to regret telling you there's snow," I give him a confused expression. "I wanted to cuddle more," he says shyly and I fight the urge to awe.

"First snow happens once a year, we can do that later," i say without thinking, causing him to smirk.

"I guess we will do that later," he mutters.

The second I go outside, I breathe the air in deeply, and exhale with a big smile on my face.

"I guess you like snow," Ace says from behind me.

I take both of his hands and wrap them around my waist, leaning back to his chest.

"Correction, i love snow," I saying looking up on the sky.

Ace suddenly pulls away causing me to frown.

"Get dressed," he instructs suddenly.

"Excuse me?"

"We're going on a date, go get dressed."

"I'm sorry, are you telling me to go on a date or are you asking me?"

"Oh right, Ray Griffin, soon to be King-"

"Wait hold o-"

"Will you go on our first official date?"