Chapter 15 | Sleeping with..?

'I've been walking through
A world gone blind
Can't stop thinking of your diamond mind'

|(3)|

Here's the thing about me, I'm a somewhat light sleeper since I had to be while living with the D's. So you can imagine my panic when I felt the ground moving like an earthquake. However, when my eyes snapped open, it was not was I was expecting.

Basically my entire body was laying completely on top of Ace while he held me in a death grip. My face was also too close to his perfectly sculpted face, so it didn't help.

"Ace, wake up," I whisper and try shoving him myself but he doesn't budge.

"Dang, you don't have to be so possessive. I really need to pee," I try again.

"It's fine, don't worry about it," he adjusts his grip around me.

I sigh and decide to do what Ace would probably do, kiss him. The kiss was really slow given he was sleeping and I am embarrassed as hell right now. The second he reacts, we're flipped over and he's taking the charge of the kiss. After a minute of him smothering my neck with kisses and me trying to not embarrass myself further with any noise, he pulls away and sits up on the bed.

"You good?" He asks like he does every time we kiss. He really believes my heart will give out if he's not being careful.

"Perfect," I kiss his neck quickly and go off to the bathroom. "Any plans today? Do you have work?"

"About that," I hear from outside, but he doesn't finish his thought so I open the door while brushing my teeth.

"Yeees?" I urge him.

"It's okay if you don't want to, I'm not gonna force you. I know you're not comfortable around people which is one thing I love about you," my eyes go wide but he doesn't seem to notice his slip up so he continues. "My parents would really like to meet the girl I'm sleeping with," if my eyes could go any wider, I would be concerned.

"Wait! Not sleeping with, I mean I would love to be you know, sleeping sleeping with you but I get you're not ready. I can somewhat control my hormones and take many cold showers until you're ready so you don't have to feel pressured or anything. I don't expect you to give your.. you know, but that doesn't mean I don't want it because I-"

"ACE," i yell, my eyes about to pop out of my face and my face the most red it has been.

When he takes a look at my face, his face gets a little pinkish and he clears his throat.

"Right, so uhm, parents?" He scratches the back of his neck.

"What time?"

"In two hours."

"Okay. I got it," i shut the bathroom door to try and calm my heart.

After an hour consisting of showering, shaving, picking an outfit, and figuring out make up, I was finally ready with an hour to spare.

I was dressed in light wash jeans, sand-colored boots with a bit of a heel, a clear white sweater that's tight on skin, a maroon knitted open jacket and a scarf with a beanie. My makeup was simple blush, mascara, bronze in the crease of the eye and lip gloss.

I get downstairs and see Ace pacing back and forth in front of the staircase with his hand messing up his hair.

"Ace? You okay?" I laugh slightly but cover it with a cough.

"I didn't mean to pressure you!" He suddenly exclaims. "I mean, it just kind of slipped, I don't know how that conversation turned into a sex talk to be honest. I just kind of blacked out while talking and then realized what I said."

"Ace-" I begin trying to control my laugh.

"No, I get it! I won't talk to you anymore, but you're not leaving the house. You can have it and I can find another one if I'm making you uncomfortable," he continues talking none sense.

He proceeds ranting for about five minutes and I let him let off the steam until enough is enough. I make a fist with his hair and slightly tug him towards me, our heights matching since I'm still on the stairs. I kiss him with slightly open eyes since it was a quick kiss that did its job.

"I'm really starting to think you get yourself in situations just to get me to kiss you, let's go now," I casually walk to the garage, but my heart was once again, going banana.

Once we're in the car driving, the silence gets almost suffocating.

"I," i start causing Ace to slightly get startled and quickly glance at me before focusing on the road.

"I just need to know that I'm being loved, that it's not just a college crush," saying those things out loud make me want to curl in an embarrassed hole.

"Once I know that what we have isn't just a silly crush, once I know for sure we both truly love each other, you have my word to proceed to what you wish to do," i end the sentence with clearing my throat and trying to hide my face.

"God, you're truly going to be the end of me," he mutters under his breath.

"I'll be waiting when you figure it out, then."

*
Ray's outfit

This might have been one of my favorite chapters to write tbh