04 ┃ 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭

━ ⭒─⭑━

The scent of fast food was pungent as you sat on the hood of the car. It was nearing midnight, and Seora decided that a quick pit-stop at the nearest fast food joint would help you recover from your embarrassing escapade; yet, as you gazed down at your half-eaten burger, the memory of the teller's frantic voice still burned fresh behind your eyes.

As if reading your mind, Seora began to cackle, her sepia, reddish-brown skin, tinged yellow by the bright-neon McDonald's sign behind the two of you as she cleaned up; stuffing fries, empty soda cups, and all into their respective bags. "I can't believe that man really ran after you to give you your shoe back."

You followed suit in tidying up, throwing a stray fry aggressively at her while your ears burned like an oven. "Har. Har. Har. Laugh all you want, but in the end, who's the one blacklisted from that venue?"

Seora could only stare, gobsmacked by the pettiness that was dealt. "Touché," she finally hummed before sliding off the car, taking all the trash with her. "Alright, I'm about to head in and buy a couple of choco-cookies before we go, want any?"

"I'm good, thanks," you shouted over your shoulder as you sat perched on the edge of the car and leaned back onto your palms to look up at the cloudy night sky; the moon was full, hanging lazily amid the hazy stars.

As you continued your admiration of the night, a strong gust of air whipped past you, encasing you in cold air.

"Gods, it's freezing," you shivered before slipping off the car-hood to go fetch your jacket; reaching through the open window, your hands weren't met with the soft wool you thought they would, but chilled leather instead.

Turning on the dome light, you leaned in further in an attempt to see if it had fallen on the car floor, but before you couldㅡ"Whatcha doing?"

Jolting at the voice of Seora's abrupt entrance, you winced as the back of your head struck the car's roof.

Immediately, pain blossomed at the area of impact; biting down on your palm to control your sailor-like spiel from escaping into the night, you turned to face your best friend, watching as she innocently swung her bag of goodies back and forth like a child and not like the demon she was for purposely scaring you.

"I'm looking for my hoodie," you eventually answered her question after a few seconds of silence, rubbing away any remaining pain.

"Did you try looking in the back?" She offered, hopping into the vehicle and starting it up with a sort of grace.

"No, didn't get a chance. Got interrupted," you answered in a near hiss, narrowing your eyes as you followed suit before turning around in your seat to see if it fell on the car floor, only to come up empty once again. "Where the hell is my hoodie?"

"Huh? Is it not back there? I could have sworn you had it with you."

"I'm not sure." Your bottom lip pressed into a firm line, eyebrows downturned as a dangerous mix of frustration and anxiety began to grow in the bottom of your stomach. "The last place I remember having it...."

Last place I had it?

Fuck! Where the fucking hell did I put it!?

Okay, okay, I remember grabbing it and hiding under the table to scare Seora, which totally backfired. After accidentally engaging in criminal activity and making it through the fan-meeting without getting caught, my jacket got caught on the end of something in the middle of my almost-epic getaway, and then I created a diversion with my shoe...

"Shit!" You cursed in realization. "I didn't grab it! It's still on the table!"

Seora's brows furrowed in concern as she pulled off into the street, "Y/N, are you being serious? Like, for real, for real?"

"Yes," you groaned, fighting the urge to yank your hair out of your head. "I never got the chance to grab it because I had to create a diversion to leave."

The urge to cry was strong as the two of you sat in silence, your eyes welling with unshed tears.

Your jacket...you lost your brother's jacket.

"I mean, we can go back and go get it, if you want?" Seora's voice was like salve to a stinging burn, soothing your growing worry by letting you be aware of the other options available.

"Yeah, let's try that."

"Hello! Anyone there!?" Seora shouted, yanking on one of the venue's front doors.

You could only watch her futile attempts a few feet away on a short stone wall, lips pulled down into a dejected frown; even though you left the venue less than two hours ago, everyone, from janitors to stragglers, was gone.

Even after realizing you might not get your jacket back, Seora continued to walk around in hopes that someone would come. "Hello! Please! Somebody!? Anybody!?"

"Seora..." you walked over, grabbing her hand before it could knock against the glass once more.

She turned to face you, eyes downcasted as she shuffled to your side. "I'm sorry that we can't get your hoodie back right now, I know that it means a lot to you."

"It's alright, we tried," you told her as the two of you turned around to go home.

Truthfully, it wasn't alright; the entire thing was a shitshow itself, but the fact that Seora was so empathetic and understanding of your situation meant so much to you...

"Hey, maybe we can try emailing them?"

"Sure, let's try that."

...she's a gem, the rare kind of treasure that you'll forever keep close to your chest.

━•༓☾ ❝ 𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐀/𝐍 ❞ ☽༓•━

***Let me first start and just say: I'M SO FUCKING SORRRYYYYYY! It's no excuse that I was literally on hiatus for like a year 💀💀. But ya know, I'm a senior doing senior things, so I gotta focus on the stuff irl...

Anywho, I'm happy to come back and (hopefully) finish this book before the end of this school year (that's May for meh) sorry if 4 months is too long for a 5+ year ongoing book, but I gotta pass mah classes and tings if I want to finish this for real.

See yall next update!!

(no hoods attached)
idol!taehyung x fem!reader

@winxanity_ii
(wattpad)

~

ⓇⒺⓂⒺⓂⒷⒺⓇ:
ᴠᴏᴛᴇ 💛 / ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ💜 / ѕнᴀʀᴇ 💙

━━━━━━