Chapter 13- Advil Song in Cubes

R I L E Y

13| Advil song in cubes

Liam looked at me as my voice trailed off awkwardly.

"Alright, nice cover of some boring chick song. Now let's go." He turned around, unaffected. I stared at him in disbelief.

"Did you not catch any of that? My awesome singing, the cool melody and most importantly THE FRICKIN LYRICS? Do I need to like, do it again or what?" I screeched.

"Huh? Oh that horrid screeching? Yeah I wasn't listening." He called from behind his back. I scurried after him, lengthening my strides to catch up to him.

"WHAT? You didn't hear my singing?" I questioned suspiciously.

"Oh I heard, alright. And probably all the dogs in the suburb. Honestly, you singing an octave higher than the original song should not be allowed. Mariah Carey was bad enough." Liam shook his head.

"But you said you weren't listening! And it's not like your supposedly sloth like deep voice is any better."

"I wasn't!"

"And then you said you heard me!"

"I did!" He insisted.

"That doesn't make sense! What do you mean? You heard me yet you didn't hear me?" I screeched.

"Oh no, I HEARD you but I wasn't LISTENING to you." Liam corrected.

"What's the difference? And what are you on about?" I tugged at my hair in frustration.

"Nothing." He shrugged innocently.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE?" I yelled into his ear. Well, not quite his ear since he was too tall but the shoulder was close enough.

"Huh? I never said that there was no difference."

"THEN????"

"I meant I wasn't on about anything!" I noticed a smirk forming on Liam's face. That bastard, he was enjoying it.

"Just tell me what you meant about the listening and hearing crap!" I sighed.

"I've already told you."

"JUST F*CKING TELL ME!" I screamed, the last of my patience crumbing.

"Geez, why are you so mad? Anyways, I meant that my ears could physically hear you but I wasn't processing anything you were singing." Liam shrugged.

"I feel a migraine coming on." I sighed clutching my burning forehead.

"Well. You better let me drive you home then." I looked around to see that we were already at the carpark.

"No thanks. You're just gonna make it worse.  What about your classes?" I questioned.

"I guess I'll just have to skip again." He muttered offhandedly.

"OH BABY!!!" I turned around to see Madeleine bounding down to Liam's car. Honestly, was she so poor that she had to wear her clothes from when she was 6? Because that skirt looks too short to be an adult size...

"What do you want?" Liam snapped angrily. I nudged him in the rib cage and glared at him.

"Be nice!" I hissed.

"I mean, hey." Liam said through gritted teeth.

Maddy looked unimpressed. I poked him in the rib cage again.

"Babe." He added.

"So...I was thinking at we could hang out sometime again?" Madeleine spun around making her skirt float upwards, showing a pair of unicorn underwear. God. At least wear something decent underneath if you're gonna brandish your pudgy legs all the time.