Chapter 33

"If you're feeling the hornies, I don't know why you're not doing it." Avery said while running on the treadmill and I shushed him while looking around us to make sure no one was close enough to hear what he said. I met up with him in the gym because he said he was beginning to lose his abs to fat. So I brought cake and soda, he cursed me for hating him and bringing the things responsible for his extra pounds but he still took them. If I had brought veggies he would have complained too. Somewhere along the line, my sex life or the lack of it came up.

"Stop screaming Avery! We don't need the whole world to know my business."

"What are you talking about? It's just you and I and that guy over there. There's no one here. You're just being paranoid." I knew I was being paranoid.

"Still keep your voice down. The walls have ears."

"Where are the boys again?"

"With my dad."

"Okay. So as I was saying, before I was rudely interrupted by an insect, if you want to do it just do it. I didn't know even married people have issues like that."

"I'm still recovering."

"Bullshit Danica. It's been 4 months. How long does the vagina need to recover from being cut open? I remember hearing 6 weeks. That's a month and two weeks depending on how fast a person heals. You healed a while ago. You're just giving excuses. What's the real reason?" he asked as he turned off the treadmill and focused on me.

"I'm really dry down there." I whispered in an embarrassed voice.

"Lube exists for a reason." He replied with a shrug. "When last was there any action between you guys?"

"After my exams, that was a year ago."

"I remember hearing he's really sexual, full of so much energy it makes you wonder."

"Yup."

"And there hasn't been any pressure from him to do the do?"

"Not exactly. He usually stops once I say I'm uncomfortable."

"So he hasn't gotten any in a year basically."

"I guess so, yes."

"Well then. He's either getting it somewhere or he has the patience of a saint."

"I have been finishing him off, just not the actual thing."

"It you have concerns, talk about them with him. He will listen. And ask him if he's been getting it somewhere else. I'm so used to cheating partners I can't help but be paranoid on your behalf. I can't help but wonder why he's being so patient even though he is this wild ball of sexual energy."

"I didn't call him that."

"Nah. You just implied it. Also, I want to eat your lasagna. Call me whenever it's lasagna night over there in the James' household."

I zoned out of the conversation. I didn't want to suspect Keith. Yes, there hasn't been any between us since that night but still. I did everything except go all the way. I hoped it would hold him off till I was fully ready. Yes, I'd been thinking about it for a while but I was yet to go all the way without freaking out or feeling weird. I didn't even know why I was feeling that way.

"Earth to, Danica." I heard Avery say followed by a snap of his fingers in my face. "You shouldn't think so hard about it. Just ask him, that's all. Now I regret saying anything in the first place."

"It's fine. I have to go. Have to go pick up the boys. I'll call you later about the blog thing." I replied before walking out of the gym. Avery and I had been considering opening a blog to reach out to people. He'd get to talk about makeovers and dressups and fashion and stuff while I'd talk about self love and battling with your insecurities and acceptance, saying no to internet trolling, bullying, racism, hate in general. But we hadn't decided on when to begin and a name. My thoughts wandered back to what he said and I shook my head. Did I suspect Keith? No. I didn't. He didn't give me any reason to do so. Was I going to ask him if there was someone else? Yes because the Avery's logic had taken root in my head. How could a virile young man like that just be okay with handjobs and heads? Before we really got together those years ago, there had been so many women. I didn't even keep count because there was no point.