Chapter 5 - The Truth

"I ain't regret anything if I caught you," I talked back. "Trust me, you will. You don't have to trust me though. You don't belong here anyways," Jacky said while trying to avoid me. "What do you mean I don't belong here? Am I not the princess?" I asked. That caught me off guard. 'Was that a threat or a trick?' He replied, "For now you are, not for long, Carly." He had a smirk on his face, I could tell. "Are you hiding something from me?" I asked, "tell me now, you don't wanna end up dead in my hand," I threatened. "Time hasn't yet to come, Carly. You'll be late for your fight training. See you there," he said and walked away.

'Darn it! He got lucky and escaped smoothly.' "Well, I just have to catch him later at the training." I talked to myself. However, I was in a daze, 'What does he mean by I don't belong here? Sure, I didn't live here but am I not the princess? Then how do they find me with blue crystals? King Royden told me he is my father.' It didn't make sense, this is so confusing! I guess I'll have to figure it out myself.

After drinking the blood Nick brought me, I changed my clothes so that they would suit the fighting. We then walked to the Fighting Room for the real training. There was no one in the room yet. It was a huge room, filled with weapons like guns, myriad unique swords, bows, and arrows.

Jacky's POV

I sought an audience with King Royden while Carly was gone, "Carly seems to have difficulty controlling her addiction, she should be trained to control her blood lust, majesty." King Royden told me, "You will train her, wouldn't you?" I replied, "Yes, my majesty," and walked away. I shrugged deep inside. 'Do I really have to do this...'

I walked to Lucas, he was one of the great fighters in the Vampire Kingdom. I told him, "King's order - Train Carly to be a fighter, Lucas." "Oh hey, Jacky," replied Lucas. "Hey," I answered. "I have never seen the princess, how does she look like?" Lucas asked, his eyes sparkled up. I told him, "Well, you can see her now, go. And remember to train her well."

Lucas's POV

If I have a heart, my heartbeat would be beating so fast right now. This would be my first time meeting the grown-up princess of Vampire Kingdom. The last time I saw her was when she was still a baby. I couldn't keep my excitement. The closer I walked to the fighting room, the stronger I sensed the existence of my mate. That couldn't be true... I would've known when she was a baby if she was my mate, but I had never felt that when she was still a baby.

The moment I stepped into the room, I looked in amusement, she looked gorgeous, and I was sure that she was my mate.

"I'm Lucas, your fighting trainer, also known as the greatest fighter in Vampire Kingdom," I introduced myself, "It's a pleasure to finally meet you at last."

"I'm Carly, nice to meet you!" Carly said, checking me out.

"Princess Carly, if you have any questions, you may ask," I said.

"Okay, do you mind just call me Carly?" Carly asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"I can't get used to being called a princess," she replied.

"Alright," I said.

"Then, shall we begin?" I asked and she nodded.

Carly's POV

Lucas had brown eyes, another hot-looking guy. I had never seen a fighter who had such a handsome look. He showed me around the weapons and briefly explained to me how to use certain weapons. Then, he asked me to choose one. I walked through the weapons. There wasn't much I was attracted to, even though all of them seems amazing.