Chapter 18 - Crown

Carly's POV

Jacky brought me to a hall. It was a round hall, with cylinder-shaped pillars that touched the ceiling. The room was painted with shiny white and showed a hint of light blue as the light shone in. The dream I had, seemed to bother me a lot. Who's the dark witch? I wondered.

"What are you thinking?" Jacky asked.

"None of your concern," I said.

"We will hand you to King Alore by this evening, before that, let me prepare you for that," he said.

"Prepare?" I asked confusingly.

"Training, you're too weak," he said.

"Let me show you how good I had become," I said as I took out my sword, attacking him from the side. As he blocked it with his sword, I switched positions and attacked him from another side with speed. What I did not notice was that he used an unexplainable speed to block my sword.

"H...how... did you do that?" I asked.

"You didn't know, I'm too a vampire," he explained.

"Aren't you an angel?" I asked.

Oh wait... I just recalled the dream... "You're vampire and an angel..." I murmured.

"You're right, I am both," he said.

"Spy, traitor," I called him.

"Not really, I chose my path," he said.

"Whatever," I said as I tried to attack him from behind.

"You forgot that I could read mind sometimes," he said as he blocked it easily.

"Ugh," I hated the fact that he was both vampire and angel.

"You know I am still reading your mind," he said.

"I don't care," I said.

"You should care."

"But I don't."

"That's just my suggestion, but your choice."

We continued fighting and training. Fighting with a skilled fighter who even had better speed than me. It wasn't even fair! But it never was anyways.

"How can I defeat King Alore?" I asked.

"Gain his trust that you would give him the crystal, when you got the chance, stab his heart, that should kill him," he said.

"I don't want him dead just yet," I said.

"Then chained him with demon power," he replied, rolling his eyes. He was probably thinking 'I give you the easiest way to kill him but why do you have to find the hard way out.'

Evening had arrived. It was time for my revenge, that's what I called it.

"You better be ready," Jacky said.

"I am," I replied.

"Tonight is the night for the new queen to rise," he uttered quietly.

Third Person's POV

Jacky went to Kaitlin's room to inform her about the plan.

"Everything's settled, once King Alore is no longer the king of angel, you will grab the crystal and do the ceremony to become queen," Jacky told Kaitlin.

"How can I get the crystal?" Kaitlin asked.

"I had help, once the crystal is being taken out, grab it and do the ceremony," Jacky said.