Cuddling on a Rainy Night

The rain splattered against the windows of 221B Baker Street, inside Sherlock lay with his long body stretched out on the couch. He hated the rain. It was so boring, they couldn't go out or do anything, there was no cases for him to solve, he couldn't even do any experiments as John had got rid of the rotting fingers he had been storing in the fridge. Sherlock opened his eyes and glanced over at John. He was sitting on his armchair, engrossed in a book, The Hobit, to be precise. Somehow John didn't find the rain boring, he looked completely relaxed unlike the fidgeting detective beside him. He had taken off his jumper 32 minutes ago, it was Sherlock's favourite, the beige one, the one he had worn on their very first case, on their very first date. No, not a date, it wasn't a date, John had said so himself. Underneath the jumper, John had been wearing a thin white button up, which was all he had on now. He wore his usual trousers but he had kicked his shoes off, wearing only a pair of bright red socks. As much as Sherlock loved his usual soft cuddly jumper look, he couldn't deny that this current look was very, very, hot. 

"Sherlock, what's up? You're staring." John said, his eyes flicking up to Sherlock from behind his book. 

Oh no, he's caught me, oh god.

"Why aren't you bored?" Sherlock decided to voice part of what he had been thinking about. A very small part, a part that wouldn't get him kicked out in the rain if he voiced it. He needed to stop thinking of John in that way, John would never love him back. No, not love, not love you don't love John, you don't love anyone. You are a sociopath, sociopaths don't love.

"Hmmm?" Was the only sound that came out of John's mouth. I could think of a few other sounds I'd like to hear out of that mouth. No bad Sherlock, bad. John dog-eared the page he was reading, placing his book down on the coffee table and rotating his body to face Sherlock, giving him his full attention. 

 "Why aren't you completely and utterly bored? Why aren't you itching to go out and do something? Anything?" 

"The rain is calming. It's peaceful to listen to."

"But there's nothing to do!" Sherlock wined, his voice rising ever so slightly in pitch. 

"There's plenty to do." 

"Like what?" Sherlock threw his legs up, twisting his body so that he was sitting upright on the couch. He was closer to John now, very close, too close.

John gulped, a very visible, almost audible, gulp. Was it because of the closeness in proximity? No, it couldn't be, John did like men like that, he didn't like Sherlock like that. What else could it be then? It must be whatever he was about to say next. Whatever it was, was causing John to become very nervous, very quickly. 

"Well you can read a book, or watch Telly, and well, um, couples. Couples, um generally like cuddling and uh stuff." John awkwardly stumbled out the sentence. Was he insinuating something? Was that a suggestion? No it wasn't Sherlock, you know it wasn't. 

"Cuddling?"

"Yeah you know, with your arms around each other and, uh, shared body heat and clo-"

"I know what cuddling is, John." Sherlock said, cutting off the doctors rambles, to which he seemed greatful for. 

"Right, yes well, I thought you may have deleted it, you know like the solar system." A smile began to spread across John's face as he poked fun of his flat mate. 

"Is that what you want to do?" Sherlock began deducing John, just ever so slightly, the man was clearly feeling a little touched deprived, I know the feeling, he was in the need of something, a hug, a kiss maybe? But from a specific person, his girlfriend probably. Maybe John was just a bored as him, just as wanting to go do something, or someone, as Sherlock was. Maybe he was just better at hiding it. "I can call a cab for you? That way you won't be out in the rain long, and you can go see, uh what was her name?"