Chapter 2

She slowly strolled through the streets with the locket still clenched tightly in her fist, her thoughts wandering to her past. She still remembered her brother's straight face when they called judgement on her and forced her out of her only shelter. She was dragged out quite literally, her eyes were puffy and red from sobbing and her throat was raw from screaming. But her brother did nothing and watched on silently as she was thrown out of the place. She always believed her brother did nothing as he would try and rescue her later on when he would have his own army, but nobody came for the last 10 years.

"Aragorn, I swear it wasn't me, p-please say something... somebody say something please, I never tried to poison him, w-why would I? My only kin, my brother, he's my everything and I c-couldn't even bring myself to shout at him, forget p-poisoning him-"

"You had one motive; to kill your brother so you would be the next ruler of Gondor," spoke one of the Jury members. He hated me, the sight of me made him vomit and I could have said the same about myself.

"NO! Never did such a thought even come across my mind, a-and that Gondor knight, I didn't lay a hand on him. It somehow just l-looked like I had done something b-but I swear on m-mom and dad, I didn't do it, A-Aragorn please,"

"Take her away," Aragorn quietly muttered to the elf who had spoken against Edith. She was not meant to hear that, but once she did, she stopped fighting and let herself be dragged out of Rivendell. At that point, her only elvish supporter came forward.

"Ari! No, please she didn't do anything, she's innocent... At least tell me where you're taking her, why don't you understand she has no other place to go! Ari please!"

"Don't forget me Arwen, and I'll come back,"

By that time, she had already reached the Prancing Pony but suddenly she wasn't very sure about her past. For the first time, she remembered her old friend Arwen and what her brother had said to her. She held back tears and put her hand on heart. "Staui polodren Edith, stay strong,"

She slowly put her hand on the wooden door and pushed, surprised to see loud cheers and wishes being said. Men were dancing around as if it were the end of all evil and in the middle in it was Devon and another girl. Edith's eyes narrowed at Devon, there was no way she was explaining this to Grunn. Edith walked straight towards Devon with purposeful strides until Devon spotted her and raced towards, smiling as if he was the luckiest man in the world. She faintly smiled as she pretended to cover her eyes from the radiance of his smile. Her smile was then replaced with an even bigger smile when she recognised the pretty brunette girl walking towards her but instead of hugging Edith, she went and held hands with Devon. Edith was about to open her mouth to question her best friend's presence and as to why she was holding hands with Devon when she beat her to it.

"I'm getting engaged, Eddie... to Devon," Edith was expecting an apology for not telling her she came earlier so she just merely shrugged it off until the words correctly registered in her brain. Amara's getting married to Devon. Edith stood still and then seconds later, she was hugging the life out of her two best friends and congratulating them.

"Ames, how could you not tell me?! We were supposed to hide things from Dev, not from me!" Edith said in mock betrayal, making the most dramatic expressions.

"Eddie, we wanted to tell you but you seemed so caught up in your mom's... passing we really didn't want you to force your happiness for us," Amara said as she put arms around Edith once more. Edith froze when she heard about her mother, she admitted she wasn't very close to the woman but regardless it was still her mother. Devon too joined the hug, stroking Edith's hair.